Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

So I need some help. I recently got a Ibanez RG470MH from a friend who didn't need the guitar. The guitar was in bad shape. The pickups were f*cked, (neck pickup didn't work, so did the middle one) the only pick up that worked was the bridge and it sounded nasty. The tremolo system was broken also, one of the saddles was damaged. Honestly the whole guitar was a mess. But since I got a love for guitars, and the Ibanez felt amazingly good on my hands (the neck is great, slim but chuncky) I decided to restore this Ibanez, I know its a cheapo model, but I decided to give it some love.

Out with the old and in with the new, I took out the old pickups, bridge, pots, switch,and jack. Polished the frets, polished the neck, took care of the body, covered the single coil slot. Ordered a set of SD nezgul and sentinent set, new electronics.

But here's the problem, I need a new bridge, wanting something a little nicer than the EZII, I was thinking a OFR or a Lo-Pro/Edge Pro, I saw a post here of a guy who changed a EZ to a Edge Pro, I know this involves some wood work, which I have a luthier who can do it. But my question is, is it worth doing it ? Or just try and fix the EZII and go from there ?

Thanks !

EDIT: Here are some pics of the guitar itself : https:// imgur.com/a/umKKOIe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The EZII really isn't that bad, for the price of a new saddle it's worth fixing up.
It's cheap, but so is the EZ that's on J Customs. In the end stability is all that's really important and it's a very stable trem.
Okay :p Thanks ill keep the EZII then and fix the saddles. But if I cant manage to fix it, what do you recomend for a bridge ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Must be pretty severe to be damaged. only a hefty smack into the middle of the bridge with a hammer would damage the plate and sustain block, or your friend thought he was Pete Townshend.

Each saddle is individually replaceable and not expensive.
You could order a complete bridge for less than 6 saddles.

Without pics though - the point is moot. Noone other than you can assess the extent of the damage unless we can see it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts