Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! Today I tried to re-string my guitar (Ibanez RG350 with Edge Zero II) and when I got it, I saw that the bridge wasn't parallel with the guitar, so I had to adjust the bridge from the screw at the back of the guitar. I started moving that screw (image there) and nothing was happening. That screw was moving along but for itself, it wasn't moving the bridge.

Dock is free too but I don't know if that's a problem too.

Does anyone know how can I fix that??
Thank you.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what you mean but i have the same bridge on my 370. I found just taking out the black screws and bar they hold makes the trem work better (aka standard fulcrum, no zps bull****), the 2 springs work great for flutters (if you care) and you should have no problem using the tension knob to adjust the float angle.

But if you prefer having the ZPS installed then i'm out of ideas. 8O

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a Youtube vid on this issue - the ZPS works fine also if you follow the ibanez documentation.

But - since you're wanting to pull it apart, get yourself a brass block for the trem.

The plastic bar retainers need some modification with a dremel to actually make the bar fit at the "zero point" and once that's done, the trem action will be spot on.

Look up the vid channel axe hacks and search for Ibanez Edge Zero Fix & Brass Block Install.

I am not affiliated with the vid - I found it when looking for a brass block that matches the edge zero 2 with ZPS.

Also - just FYI, the ibanez factory documentation is dead spot-on for setup. I know this because I spent 3 hours perfecting the setup on a brand new RG350DXZ DVM for my missus - AFTER it came back from an intonation setup and bridge adjustment at a 'reputable' guitar shop. The factory document showed me how the idiot at the shop managed to stuff it right up - so I redid it myself. Nothing like learning the proper way.

It has not fallen out of tune since, and it's been 2 months since the strings were dropped in.

Spend a little time measuring the string heights and reading the ibanez PDF file for the trem bridge, and you'll find out just how dumb some guitar shop techs are.

Get yourself an e-jack to do the intonation - it's a little more difficult on the zero 2, but when it's done - it stays in tune and doesn't move.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts