Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Since finding a UV7BK is turning out to be trickier than I thought I've been eyeing the UV70P again as Ibanez has gone back to using rosewood fretboards for 2021 with CITES out of the way. The only thing giving me doubt is the trem though. I have an RG2550z with the original edge zero and it has been rock solid (with the exception of really difficult to turn fine tuners...). When reading up on the EZ2, it looks like it's lower tiered compared to the original. Would it be worth upgrading to a EZ if I were to get the UV70P? In which way is the EZ2 inferior besides lacking the intonation screw tool? Are the metals worse/softer?

·
Vendor
26,423 Posts
One was just posted in the classifieds.

On the question I'd say they're fairly much even, the EZ is a little different but I wouldn't say it's any higher quality.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
One was just posted in the classifieds.

On the question I'd say they're fairly much even, the EZ is a little different but I wouldn't say it's any higher quality.
Thanks for the heads-up - only domestic US shipping though (and even if it was to be shipped here to sweden, $3k + duties/import tax is bit too spicy for a UV7) - my hunt for the UV7 continues, thx for the EZ info, I guess the experience should be quite similar then between the 2550z and the uv70p �� but I would ofc prefer the OG greendot no doubt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts