Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Jemsite peoples, i've been looking around the internet and havn't found any definitive answers, So I figured you'd be the right lot to ask on this.

I recently got myself an Egen8 (Love the guitar!). I was thinking about replacing the picks from the stock Ibanez ones to some Dimarzio's (Evo's?, i'm open to suggestion here).

However, I would like to keep the ability to coil tap (Is it possible with evo's?, will it sound good? XP).

Quick note for reference:

My other guitar is an S7320 (7-string S-series), with Blaze Custom in the bridge and a Blaze in the neck, so im looking for something that compliments that nicely

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
evos would sound pretty good on a mahogany guitar id think. Yes you can still keep coil tap on evo's. tone is subjective, so its your call honestly. I personally enjoy the tone zone/ paf pro combo I have. Evo's would be decent though. I dont like them on alder, its just too bright for my ears :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey Jemsite peoples, i've been looking around the internet and havn't found any definitive answers, So I figured you'd be the right lot to ask on this.

I recently got myself an Egen8 (Love the guitar!). I was thinking about replacing the picks from the stock Ibanez ones to some Dimarzio's (Evo's?, i'm open to suggestion here).

However, I would like to keep the ability to coil tap (Is it possible with evo's?, will it sound good? XP).

Quick note for reference:

My other guitar is an S7320 (7-string S-series), with Blaze Custom in the bridge and a Blaze in the neck, so im looking for something that compliments that nicely
I just ordered an EGEN8 today. One main question: How's the neck, and is the action fairly low? Is the neck wide, flat and thin like the Wizard III on the RG350DX and RG470AH?!? I have an RG350MYE with a Wizard II, which is great for leads, but crappy for playing Jazzy chords; especially near the nut area. If I don't like the neck, my down payment will be credited to future purchases...

TIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.