Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have many sweet Ei pre war tubes made on the telefunken equipment long smooth plates tons of gain
cheaper if you buy more
I also have some 8thgen chinese with square foil getter known for their gain too
18.00 apiece

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
I have many sweet Ei pre war tubes made on the telefunken equipment long smooth plates tons of gain
cheaper if you buy more
I also have some 8thgen chinese with square foil getter known for their gain too
18.00 apiece
sorry to "chat", but what are "Ei" tubes? I've heard of EH (electro-harmonics) but never Ei.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Sorry to keep up the chat but, I have sovtek 12ax7's in my preamp, 1 for my fx-loop, and i for my reverb tank........ how would the Ei's compare??

·
Registered
576 Posts
I live in the city where Ei's were built. Unfortunately, it's not likely we'll see new production tubes any time soon, if ever. The factory that once employed thousands of workers is now completely bust.
As for the tubes, I got very few of them and love them. Smoother than chinese, but not as dark as JJ, I'd say. I didn't try sovtek, so can't compare. Even here they cost ~30$, so this is a good price if they are unused.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts