Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have installed the EMG 81 and 85 on my Jackson Randy Rhoads 3, but I'm getting buzz, I think its from the grounding things as I read through the internet. So witch wires should I ground and everything? Please help me and explain it to me cuz I don't understand in these things so much...

THE WIRES

- Bridge - There's a wire comming from under the bridge pickup, I cutted that wire because I've red that I shouldn't connect the wire that comes from the bridge.

- Neck Pickup - There's a wire that comes from the neck position.

- Under Pickguard - There's a wire that comes from under the pickguard (it is tightened with a screw to the body)

-Tremolo - There's a wire that comes from the back of the guitar, I think its the tremolo wire.

- Switch - There are 2 spots for grounding on the pickup buss, but they can also be soldered, so I've got extra spots. There's a wire that comes from the Switch ground into the pickup buss.

So...how do I connect them? Can I just like pick the wires that I need to ground (after I know witch ones that is..) and connect them with one wire to the pickup buss? Witch ones do I need to connect to get rid of the stupid buzz and start rocking already?!!!!!!!!!
Do I need to ground anything from the jack? I already use the new jack that came with the pickups and I connected the 3 wires..so? Help please help.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
YOu don't ground EMGs to the bridge. Go to the EMG site and download the appropriate wiring diagram to confirm what you need to do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, but I'm really a newb in this things but I wanted to do it myself. But what do you mean "YOu don't ground EMGs to the bridge" ? Do you mean that I shouldn't ground the wire that comes from the bridge pickup or something else?

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
The wire that goes to the bridge spring claw, you don't use it with EMGs.

Seriously, go to the EMG website and have a look through their wiring diagrams for one that corresponds closest to your pickup and guitar setup. Follow the diagram and you should be right. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some pics

Bridge

Neck

Under the pickguard

Tremolo bar (I think)

Switch

Diagram

- Also as you can see for some of the wires for grounding, I'm using a regular wire. Is that okay? or do I need to get the 22 awg wire(I don't even know what that is)?
Whats the pickup cavity shield?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem solved by myself. I had the connecting wires the wrong way in and I only connected the ground wire that comes from the switch.

Thanks LonePhantom for trying to help :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts