Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, this is a couple questions for Dave...

Out of sheer morbid curiosity, have you played any Jems, specifically any of Steve's? If so, what are your thoughts?

Second, have you been approached to endorse anything? If you had your choice of what you could have done as far as something made to your specs, what would it be?

: )

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hey Knightmeir.

I have played and owned many Jems. I don't own any right now though. I've played Steve's Jems a bunch of times as well. My thoughts.. they play and sound like most Jems I've owned. They're really nice guitars.

As for endorsements, I've had an Ibanez endorsement for 5 years now. If you look at the guitar page or the gear section on my site, you'll see the result of that. I also have DiMarzio, Digitech, Tc Electronic, Mesa and a few others. But I find it distastefully boastful to list endorsements (unless asked for the greatly knowledge of the community). That's why you won't find it on my site. :p

Cheers.

Dave

·
Registered
640 Posts
DavejWeiner said:
But I find it distastefully boastful to list endorsements (unless asked for the greatly knowledge of the communit)y. That's why you won't find it on my site. :p

Cheers.

Dave
Dave you rock! that has got to be one of the coolest and most humble statements I have read in a long time. That shows real charecter and comfort in who you are in the industry. Class act bro!

~A

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
That's cool indeed, but just out of curiosity, don't the companies require you to advertise that you use their products exclucively? Although I guess this is different than saying "I endorse..."

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dave,
Have you ever been approached by a company to endorse a product that you don't currently use, or been asked to try something in hopes that you would endores the product?

·
Registered
736 Posts
pawel said:
That's cool indeed, but just out of curiosity, don't the companies require you to advertise that you use their products exclucively? Although I guess this is different than saying "I endorse..."
Yes, I use the products live. Rather than just saying I like a product, being seen actually using it live is really the point.

·
Registered
736 Posts
jimmylp said:
Dave,
Have you ever been approached by a company to endorse a product that you don't currently use, or been asked to try something in hopes that you would endores the product?
Yes, last instance was with Cornford amps. I wasn't asked to endorse them, just to try them. Awesome amps, just not the right piece of gear for my needs.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Flobanez said:
Dave, What are thoughts on UV's? Have you owned any? Im sure you have ;)
I started out on UV's. I had the black/green one, the green/black one and an MC briefly. Very nice. The new ones play and sound better than the old ones. but I stopped playing the UV's when I was given the opportunity to design my own 7 strings. I love the look of the RG body, so I stuck with that and went from there.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Tom Gilroy said:
Are you an Ibanez only guitarist or do you play other brands aswell?
My contract with Ibanez is an "exclusive" deal so in all promotional purposes (live shows, pictures, etc.), I'm supposed to only play Ibanez, which is what I do.

However, I love teles, strats and Les Pauls. You know, all the standards. Just something about sitting down and playing one of those guitars strung up with 9's. They're so comfortable and different from what is my norm, it's a nice break. I don't own any of those yet, but I will eventually.

·
Registered
292 Posts
DavejWeiner said:
My contract with Ibanez is an "exclusive" deal so in all promotional purposes (live shows, pictures, etc.), I'm supposed to only play Ibanez, which is what I do.

However, I love teles, strats and Les Pauls. You know, all the standards. Just something about sitting down and playing one of those guitars strung up with 9's. They're so comfortable and different from what is my norm, it's a nice break. I don't own any of those yet, but I will eventually.
Heh heh, I had a totally funny image of you taking a strat or tele into a photoshoot and slapping an ibanez sticke ron the headstock.
"It's an Ibanez! Honest!"

Joe

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
DavejWeiner said:
I started out on UV's. I had the black/green one, the green/black one and an MC briefly. Very nice. The new ones play and sound better than the old ones. but I stopped playing the UV's when I was given the opportunity to design my own 7 strings. I love the look of the RG body, so I stuck with that and went from there.
Dave,
Cool, man. I like your custom RG's. Very nice with radiant colors. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah man! Get your hands on a nice '59 or reissue version Les Paul! While I'm a die hard Ibanez guy, IMHO the Les warmth & overall sound makes it THE ROCK guitar!! They are certainly not cheap though, especially if you want the good PAF PUs! Mine only comes out on those special occations!

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Indeed they are sweet, Brian. Though Im very content with my PWH and 7620, I've always thought about owning an LP. A nice white LP Custom. ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm VERY happy with my 7620 also Flo, and is my preferred lead/metal guitar. Dave and the boys here & Sevenstring.org, convinced me it was THE Ibanez 7 without the visual bells and whistles. They were SO right!
For stripped down, just plain ROCK rythym, I pickup & record with the Les allot!! Just somethin' about it! If I'm going for something bluesy & stratlike lI grab the SA160...sounds very very close to a strat in the neck position!! I just dislike the neck connection on Fender strats & somewhat on Les... The cutaway designs of the Ibanez just can't be beat IMHO!

I'm sure Ibanez reps sit there and say "why endorse ____ guy, he plays our stuff all the time anyway!" If the day ever came that I was worthy, all I'd want is MORE ibanez! A JEM, more 7620s, a fixed bridge 7, RG470...ah to dreamland I go!

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I would like another 7620 because mine was black and I refinished it in arctic white and of course replaced the black blazes with white blazes. Now that I look back on it, I would like a Stock 7620GN just for kicks.:smile:
Oh, and another PWH as a brother to my PWH.:lol:
Really cool how you have a saber too. The only thing I dislike about my S 7420 is the TRS.
I wonder if Dave has ever been into Sabers, Radius', or even JS'.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts