Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm going to get this amp(Engl Screamer) but I wanted to get others opinions on it. I play music like Racer X, Vai, Dream Theater and some other Metal. Will it be able to fill my need for a killer lead channel and great heavy rhythms? Thanks everyone

·
Registered
178 Posts
It is a great amp indeed, and would be perfect for your requirements IMO. However, the combo version I've played through seemed to own the head in terms of tone. The head was very brittle and trebley, not a pleasant sound at all. Recently I have come to believe this is down to the Engl cab the head was going through, as my friend tried his Single Rec through it and hated it. The cab in question is the Engl vintage 2x12. By all means try the head out if you are looking for the stack option, but I'd recommend playing it through say a Mesa or Marshall cab instead. I've also read very good reviews of people using it with a Bogner Uberschall cabinet, but that may be outside your budget.

I hope you find the amp you're looking for.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guitarshredder7 said:
accually you should get a avatar cab, with vintage 30s its still cheaper then the carvin, check it out www.avatarspeakers.com its the g4x12
But are they as good of quality that everyone makes them out to be? Not just for the price because if I have to pay more if I can get better quality. Just not $1100 like the Engl cab is...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.