Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like what I've read on reviews of this new intrument and wanted to try one out but nobody local has one in stock. The folks at GC recommended I try a N.O.S. to get a feel for the neck, but it felt really really really really large. Does anybody know if this is the EJ neck style? If so, I'm going to have to pass on this one and wait for something nice with a smaller neck to come along.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to which year the one I tried was based on, and the Fender site has several different NOS guitars listed, so it's not doing me much good. I think I'll have to do a comparison of the neck thickness specs to the jem neck thickness... I figure EJ will be a little thicker, but if it's too much I'll have to pass, since my left hand is much smaller than my right and just can't fit around anything too large.

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
Mine is on order and paid for so Ill post reviews when it gets here, I should have it already but another salesman sold mine out from under me, I wasnot a happy guy. As for comparing it to a RI neck, I'm pretty sure that the EJ has a custom neck shape, so I'm not sure that would do you much good.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
According to the Fender website and owner descriptions on the FDP Fender Forum, the EJ Strat has a soft V shaped neck. It should feel very similar to the Jimmie Vaughan and the newer Eric Clapton sig models. It's about as far from the Jem neck as you can get, without being the older, deep V boatneck that was as thick as a baseball bat.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
elcid said:
Mine is on order and paid for so Ill post reviews when it gets here, I should have it already but another salesman sold mine out from under me, I wasnot a happy guy. As for comparing it to a RI neck, I'm pretty sure that the EJ has a custom neck shape, so I'm not sure that would do you much good.
Sweet! Congrats. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.