Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three days ago, EBMM released the Majesty 8. They will only be making 100, all of which, are already sold.
There was a rumor EBMM was going to make a JP8 several years ago. I completely forgot about it so to see the final product was a bit of a welcome surprise. EBMM didn't have to build this guitar, especially when 8-strings have lost their luster, but they did and I respect that. Anyways, I thought some of you might appreciate this. (I know some of you definitely won't. ;)

·
Vendor
26,747 Posts
They didn't have to build it but they're set up for flexibility and to keep JP happy of course they'd build it, and sell 100 at the same time. Remember he left Ibanez because they wouldn't build him a production 7 string.

Just because 100 sold, just means dealers bought them out. No brainer. I don't doubt that there will be 100 fans that will buy them though.

·
Administrator
7,567 Posts
Important to note that the website also says...

THIS FIRST PRODUCTION RUN OF THE MAJESTY 8 WILL SURELY BE HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE.

(they're shouting, not me) so I guess if there's enough demand they're not going to be afraid of making another 100...

·
Vendor
26,747 Posts
The first 100 EBMMJPM's were hand signed on the headstock and cleared over. I didn't read if they did that again but that's how you tell on the first 100 EBMM's. And of course they will command a premium.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Important to note that the website also says...

THIS FIRST PRODUCTION RUN OF THE MAJESTY 8 WILL SURELY BE HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE.

(they're shouting, not me) so I guess if there's enough demand they're not going to be afraid of making another 100...
It took me a while to find that sentence. 🧐

The first 100 EBMMJPM's were hand signed on the headstock and cleared over. I didn't read if they did that again but that's how you tell on the first 100 EBMM's. And of course they will command a premium.
The Majesty 8 is hand-numbered (ex. 54/100) on the headstock and autographed on the backplate. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.