Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
wallopwallop said:
Evilbay seller mijsixstringskatana always has a nice selection. All priced in USD too.

The Relics look nice but the hardware is a but too new and shiny on most of them!
Meant to add that he will also ship to the UK for $140. There's a lovely looking LP replica with a deep tenon and proper nitro finish up for sale at the moment.

I did the maths earlier today and calculated that you could do the whole deal for less than £500! That seems like a pretty good price for a great quality instrument.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I am in the same boat at the minute really. I am after a Les Paul Custom at the moment. Have been for the last month. I have always wanted a Les Paul Custom in Ebony or White with an EMG set in.

I have looked at Gibson, Epiphone, Edwards, Tokai.....the list goes on. And I still cant decide really. I have played some recent Gibsons - and hated them! The quality was disgusting. They looked great, but played and felt horrible.

My favourites so far have been Epiphone and Tokai to be honest. For quality vs price they have been the best for me.

I only want it to play well really. As I have a set of ZW EMG's to stick in it that I bought a couple of weeks back. So the pickups aren't an issue at all. But its the same old thing I think, just keep playing them until I find one I like the feel of.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Algiman said:
I'd still be reluctant to part with cash for unknown quality though.
Has no one on the board played one?
Yes indeedy!

My friend had an Edwards LP Custom with SD P90 pickups. The quality of Edwards guitars is great. Better than Tokai and Epiphone IMHO and probably knocks the crap out of some Gibsons too! This thing roared!!

Finish is good
Fretwork is good
Pickups are usually SD - so good
Decent Wood
Great Price

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.