Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MIK RG270DX that I've thinking of selling to buy a different guitar a little more suited to my current playing style. This one is from back in 1997. The body is in great shape with only some minor light scratching around the pickups. I've swapped out the pups with a set of Seymour Duncan 59ers in the bridge and neck and a little 59er in the mid position. I've also added a Hipshot Tremsetter to it since it has a single locking tremolo on it. I've never had any issues with tuning after that addition. The guitar also has a hardshell case and dunlop straplocks already installed.

The guitar has always played great and I hate to part with it but I don't know that I can justify buying yet another guitar and hanging on to both of my current ones since I don't play professionally. Right now I'm looking at one of the new Fender Pawn Shop Mustang Specials (great sound flexibility with the pickup configuration) and an ESP EC-1000. I'm trying to get away from a tremolo at this point. I've got an American Strat from 1993 in excellent shape that I can't bear to part with.

Any input on what I might be able to get for this is appreciated. If it isn't worth that much I might be able to justify keeping it. :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to see if I can find the old pups. I may have pawned them back when I changed them out. I was fresh out of high school with no job. I'll probably end up keeping it anyway knowing me. I hate to part with anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.