Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone got one of these yet?

I'm seriously tempted when they become available but I'd like to see some photos that aren't taken by people that want to sell you them (if you know what I mean)

The thing that puts me off is that I'm not much of an acoustic player, does it play like an acoustic? (tighter strings, etc.) or is it friendly to an electric player? Also the vine is supposed to be yellow(!) pearloid but doesn't look like it from the photos I've seen.

Anyway, any advice would be awesome, thanks! :)

·
Banned
73 Posts
Ibanez249 said:
Hi, anyone got one of these yet?

I'm seriously tempted when they become available but I'd like to see some photos that aren't taken by people that want to sell you them (if you know what I mean)

The thing that puts me off is that I'm not much of an acoustic player, does it play like an acoustic? (tighter strings, etc.) or is it friendly to an electric player? Also the vine is supposed to be yellow(!) pearloid but doesn't look like it from the photos I've seen.

Anyway, any advice would be awesome, thanks! :)

think thats the one
those pics are from ibanezrules.com, they were taken at namm 2006

·
Registered
520 Posts
Played very nice at the show. It is an acoustic, so it does play like an acoustic. They MIGHT be out by the end of the month, but I personally expect to see them sometime in March.
Josh

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info and the pics!!

I'm in two minds about getting one because I'm not sure that I'll play it much, although it looks damn tasty, and everyone needs an acoustic don't they?? ;)

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The appeal to me is the 24 frets, the look and the sound (having heard soundclips) Oh, and the vine ;)

Plus, my girlfriend has just preordered me one for being a good boy, so I get one anyway! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Word of warning, apart from the chinese thing, i've heard some shocking stories about the quality of the EP7! One guy who works in a very well renowned ibanez dealership here in England said they had to send two out of the few they ordered back because they were terrible, and said the rest weren't brilliant, at least not worth the £700 quoted. He actually advised against buying it, although he said it did look gorgeous. And this guy's job is to SELL these guitars! Just an honest bloke, I suppose.

Problems seemed to be the inlay is nowhere near the quality on a JEM, standing proud and other issues, fingerprints hard to clean off cos of the non-gloss finish and general bad workmanship, but remember this IS the EP7 i'm referring to.

I'd KILL for an EP7 as I prefer it visually to the EP9, but from what i've read both of them just don't seem worth the money, especially since the 9 is more expensive.

However, sources say that although the natural acoustic sound is a bit ****e, amped up it sounds pretty spectacular.

Hope that helps?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.