Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I slightly agree - but not as the Jem7VWH ( or the greatest signature made) but, bring forth a normal production of the Jem7v7

A 7 string 7vwh would be appreciated by fans more than ever , and it would be under $2500 MSRP (and not triple for used models that have gold worn over the lo pro)

can we get their attention for this model request through a Jemsite petition; I’m sure most members would sign up?

rich, Jono? What say you?

time to bring back a model that was barely produced

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
And I slightly agree - but not as the Jem7VWH ( or the greatest signature made) but, bring forth a normal production of the Jem7v7

A 7 string 7vwh would be appreciated by fans more than ever , and it would be under $2500 MSRP (and not triple for used models that have gold worn over the lo pro)

can we get their attention for this model request through a Jemsite petition; I’m sure most members would sign up?

rich, Jono? What say you?

time to bring back a model that was barely produced
I like the JEM7V7. In fact, I think the JEM7VWH/JEM7V7WH pair made a lot of sense, especially since the Universe had been dropped. More importantly, it is a really good guitar. With that said, I would start by asking "what would get Ibanez's attention?" A petition might not do it. That is just my 2 cents though.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'll sign any petition for new production Vai 7, though i don't think anyone at Hoshino would really care. It's ultimately up to Steve what happens with his signature line afaik and he's all about the PIA these days so maybe a PIA7 would be the most likely candidate. Perhaps even a run of swirls by @dbonvillain?

In hindsight it would've been great if they didn't go premium with the Green Dot and PWH UV reboots and instead made them at Fujigen and kept them in production as "legacy" models or something.

·
Administrator
7,570 Posts
I'm happy for anyone to organise a petition here as long as its sensible.

If we're after a guitar made at Fujigen, realisticaly expect it to be more expensive than even a normal Japanese guitar, because it's interupting schedules, it's potentially a small batch run and more than anything it's demand currently massively outweighs it's supply. Economics 101.

We also have to bear in mind that Steve has final say over his signature line, so we have convince him as well.

In my opinion the JEM7V7 is an amazing guitar, but it's not the one Steve is known for. The swirls, the white Universe, the greendot all yes... but this one...

We can maybe hope for a Premium version, which to be honest, as long as it had an actual Edge, I'd buy :) But personally, I'm still after a Premium repro JEM7PBK :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why the standard edge and not lo Pro edge 7 Jono?

in regards to you points of petition recognition and Steve sign off, i think WE at Jemsite have a better chance than any other group

I say we give them the option in the petition - “please reissue the Jem7VWH and it’s 7 string version as an option for 7 string players” to put it simply and not forcefully.

it’s both a reissue and a novel model in a sense and they know we mean business here with our Jem-UVs

·
Administrator
7,570 Posts
Why the standard edge and not lo Pro edge 7 Jono?

in regards to you points of petition recognition and Steve sign off, i think WE at Jemsite have a better chance than any other group

I say we give them the option in the petition - “please reissue the Jem7VWH and it’s 7 string version as an option for 7 string players” to put it simply and not forcefully.

it’s both a reissue and a novel model in a sense and they know we mean business here with our Jem-UVs
Considering that the JEM7VWH is effectively still available as a Premium model, being realistic, it would be a lost cause to think that Steve (who was in favour of a 100% shift over to the PIA) and Ibanez will sign off on the reintroduction of the JEM7VWH from Japan at this stage. And if the main focus is to be the 7V7 then that's what the petition should focus on, any more just dilutes the message. One thing at a time ;)

The problem we have here is that we are a very small group in terms of today's internet, we're a niche and dedicated forum, not a casual Facebook group or a "smash that like button" YouTube channel, there are a handful of regular posters, and whilst in the past we may have had Ibanez' ear, I'm not sure how true that would be anymore :(

And on a personal note when I say "real Edge" I mean either the Original Edge, or the Lo Pro Edge, both of those count as "real". Not the Edge-Zero 2 that is on the Premium FP.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Jono, you always are the mind of reason

I agree with your points, except for the fact that in 2001 we WERE the gold standard for all things Ibanez, specially Jem/UV

I think, despite the obstacles, a petition of over 500 people from Jemsite might bring enough attention to Ibanez to see if there is such a demand, there MUST be a wider market beyond Jemsite that would totally dig the 7V7

And another salient point - Steve is concentrated on PIA (;;roles eyes::) )BUT there is still a demand, higher than ever , for a 7 string guitar/“ERG”

So maybe it’s worth a try, focusing only on the 7V7

What say you sirs?

PS Jono only you could make this happen, you can put the origination on me if you want, but we need your voice as the forefront

I’ll write it up , let’s organize like we used to man

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree with Rich. The 7V7 is out there, they do change hands on the used market. I have one, it's great. Don't need another.

I don't see anyone changing Steve's mind when it comes to a new signature MIJ 7 string. That ship has sailed, as proven by the Universe line being completely ignored on its 30th Anniversary at NAMM this year.

·
Vendor
26,766 Posts
The UV was last year and it was unfortunately ignored because they just don't understand buyers. They wanted to concentrate on the PIA only, where having a 7 string UV wouldn't have interfered with the paltry numbers of PIA's they released. They can't grasp that 7 string and 6 string have a crossover but one does not interfere with the sales of either. Add to that the last 7 was the 7V7 and are they really going back to the UV? If there's ever another Japanese Vai7 it'll be a PIA IMO.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That’s your prerogative- especially as a vendor and owner - you have no interest invested, in fact it would be better for the l”stock” and availability to remain stringent and lacking, Am i right, this is business in the end?

Still i am curious to see what May come of this, especially since a jem7xxxx is not worth more than $2.5k including tax and fees, and all of us 2001 guys know that well

I pressure Hoshino to do something as bold as the rg2228 - I can think of nothin more selfless to the Ibanez fans but also self serving to their business end

Rich, your right, getting $500 deposits from 500 members isn’t easy - but if there are fools on other less prestigious forums that get custom group buys from lutheir these days , either it’s time for hoshino to wake up, or finally admit defeat to ESP, who has been the undisputed champ - they are the Ferrari Lamborghini or Bugatti to Ibanez Porsche - both are top knotch, but Porsche is entry level and the Italians are as good as it gets

Your right rich, it’s not 2001 - maybe it’s time
Someone or some people did something about that (mediocrity ) - as you well know, there are no good 8 strings since the limited j customs and ESP endless line of perfection

So….anyone else in? I don’t have to isolate it to Jemsite. I thought there would be more enthusiasm , since values of 2013 originals would only increase from a reissue .

Anyway great idea - needs support, PIA in 7 string versus a 7 string 7V7 would be laughing stock more than the PIA itself

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am thinking of grabbing a 7 string Ormsby. Everyone I have talked to that has one just loves it.

If it the Ormsby is really that good after I get it, the used market is in a spot good enough to move my 20+ Universes, I imagine.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think we have to realize, that the JEM times have passed. It was a long run and i think it was time for a development. Now it is PIA time and i also think a PIA 7 is more realistic to be produced.
Cheers !
Dude, your a vet too, sorta lol
So you can understand
This ain’t about a jemxxxxx
It’s just a universe in white I disguise

What did hoshino do? They made the universe called Jem7V7 in white in Japan, real quiet like

We’ll I think it’s time, if the PIA Uprooted the Jem then give the universe the same makeover

As I suggested, I think a 7 string White Stalliom Universe “PIA” whatever lol , would be perfectly desirable by many

Who can make a sound counter point to this? A 7 string version of the White Pia, just put in a lo pro and call it a universe Pia 7

Ok Steve, god he became a diva didn’t he

·
Registered
176 Posts
Steve was hot for the 7 string Jem, 7 string guitars were selling really well for everyone. It took them 3 years to move one year of production. My 7V7 came to Motor City Guitar as a 2016 model. The serial number shows it was actually assembled in 2013.

Pretty sure Steve was done with 7 strings then and there, after that disappointment.

·
Vendor
26,766 Posts
I don't know where you're getting your figures but a 7V7 was $3500 new, in 2013 dollars. Add a minimum of $500 to that today [conservatively]

The reference to 2001 means, THIS place is not 2001. Instead of 400 posts a day you have maybe 15. You have maybe 20 active users. You're barking in a dead forum that's a reference tool people google, find answers and leave.

If you don't like the PIA is, your problem. Because that's what is going to be here. And to put if bluntly, the BKF is selling extremely well. So while there are plenty that want to hate it, resist change, reissue this or that, the future is what Steve decides and nobody else. You're going to see Indo PIA's before you ever see a Japanese JEM anything. And it doesn't matter if you put 1000 signatures on the table in front of him, if Steve doesn't want to do it it's not happening. He has absolute and complete control.

I would have plenty of interest invested, but the bottom line is while I can gladly take credit for the idea behind the 7V7 [I've told the story plenty of times] it sold like sh!t. [I sold alot of them but I'm a rare exception dealing to this board back when there was still life here]. If it hadn't sold like sh!t there would be plenty on the market and the prices wouldn't be so high, but nobody wanted them until they couldn't have one. So they're rare, and more demand than supply, you know the math. Why do you think Ibanez or Steve would want to resurrect what in their minds was a FAILED experiment? A couple months ago somebody just bought a brand new one in the EU because the store couldn't sell it for 8 years. If you like the answers or not is irrelevant because it's reality.

If they do a PIA7 and I'd order 10 immediately, and then have to start adding as they sold. I have 17 BKF's on order right now, so everybody can b!tch and moan about nostalgia and I'll smile all the way to the bank about those that actually like the new direction and are putting their money on the table.

And bottom, bottom line, the guitar industry in in catch up mode, totally fu**ed. So backlogged in production with increased demand that anything I order now I will be lucky to see in 10 months. There are not taking any dealer prop model orders, special Sugi high dollar custom orders, NOTHING. They won't even discuss it. We got 1 new 7 string RG, and one RGD, and that's it for this year, then a couple AZ models because that's what they're focusing on right now.

That's the reality of today, not a dream or a fantasy of what might happen.

EDIT - and your last post didn't make much sense because this line makes it look like you hate the PIA.

Anyway great idea - needs support, PIA in 7 string versus a 7 string 7V7 would be laughing stock more than the PIA itself

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.