Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, wondering if any one has heard that EVH and Fender are working on a new version of the Wolfgang...? The reason I am asking is I was looking up wolfgangs on #bay and one of the descriptions talked about EVH doing a new version. Since then I can't find that auction to re-read it to make sure i got the info right. Does anyone know about this? I would also like to hear from someone that owns a peavey hp special and how they like it. Thanks, Tuggey

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Yes Ed is designing a new wolfgang with fender. One of his roadies recently quit due to pressures at rehearsal/studio/issues with ed. He confirmed the existence of prototypes and said they sound good, but thats about all that is known at this point. I would expect it to be around by next namm imo but who knows for sure. The 5150 3 was in proto stage for quite awhile so i wouldnt be surprised if the new wolfgang hasnt been around for the past year in some stage or another. Lets hope for a better cutaway design this time around, and original floyd.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sniper, thanks for the info, I know that proto-guitars can be "in the works" for a while, I was just hoping to see if it was worth waiting for before I pull the trigger on something else. Tuggey

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Well i would wait myself. I like the peavey hp's to an extent but they are missing a few things that make them a wolfgang. Its always worth waiting for to see what gets dumped on the market during christmas time at least anyways. Ed going on tour, fender will likely really really want to have the guitar out by then, so you could expect an announcement in as little as the next month or so.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guru, The thought of a new wolfgang is enticing, and I'm very close to getting an HP CT Special but am thinking of waiting to see what this thing sounds and looks like. Tuggey

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Clumsy looking thing full stop - The EB Music Man was kinda nice, the Wolfgang sort of okay - that thing looks like, "well, how far can we bend the basic body shape before it completely sucks...."

Dave Lee Roth looks great - obviously made some, um, different lifestyle choices to Ed over the years.....

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Clumsy looking thing full stop - The EB Music Man was kinda nice, the Wolfgang sort of okay - that thing looks like, "well, how far can we bend the basic body shape before it completely sucks...."

Dave Lee Roth looks great - obviously made some, um, different lifestyle choices to Ed over the years.....
Seeing as when that guitars headstock was patented the guitar is clearly an early prototype and their are a few old shots of that particular headstock from well over a year ago floating around.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Seeing as when that guitars headstock was patented the guitar is clearly an early prototype and their are a few old shots of that particular headstock from well over a year ago floating around.
That's worth a googling. If anyone can find them, please post them here as I'd be very interested to see pics of this new prototype which aren't blurry!

·
Registered
494 Posts
cool pics
16amps and cab ..i wonder if he just have them for show and have a old marshall miced up in the back

the wolfgang nvr look too good in the first place

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Looks like a peavey wolfgang to me. I doubt that's a fender proto.

Jimmy:smile:
Even with the different headstock?

Eddie owns the complete design. If he wanted to he could release an identical copy of the Peavey version, so it's very hard to tell. The only clue is the different headstock, and why would Eddie have Peavey make him one guitar with a different headstock?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts