Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Who?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Stupid question..

I just dont understand a question that tries to decide who is better at music.

Music is subjective and you can never know a true answer, because there is none.

Its like asking god who he likes better Jimi Hendrix or Eric clapton.. Both are his children and he loves them equally :p

Oh and im not into religion i just used that as an example :p :p

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stupid question..

I just dont understand a question that tries to decide who is better at music.

Music is subjective and you can never know a true answer, because there is none.

Its like asking god who he likes better Jimi Hendrix or Eric clapton.. Both are his children and he loves them equally :p

Oh and im not into religion i just used that as an example :p :p
I was just asking peoples opinions on who they believe is a better guitarist, not mucisian genius. What is the problem with that?!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
It's a tough question because it's like asking which of your kids do you like better.

Both have and had wonderful attributes that made them pioneers and each influenced us their own unique ways.

I have never met a guitarist my age who wasn't touched by Van Halen or Diary of a Madman.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I like the band Van Halen more than Ozzy, but I'll have to give it to Rhoads. Mr. Crowley is a unbelievable song. Its kinda a unfair poll considering we don't have a whole lot to compare to. We have 30 years of Van Halen to compare with the two albums that Randy made with Ozzy before he died. Just imagine how amazing he would be today.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Eddie is not the fastest, he's not the most technical and he's not the flashiest player out there. He is a thinker, a tinkerer and he thought outside the box his whole career.

Randy was a huge fan of Ed's. He was a serious and talented player, but Eddie changed the way we approach the instrument and will be remembered as THE MAN who re-wrote the book. BTW- both Vai and Satch have also hailed Eddie as one who changed it all.

~j

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Carrots for me. Morse or DiMeola is a better question, as both completely blow both of these (likely) gentlemen out of the water and both were just as big as influences on guitarists.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts