Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

ยท
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi friends... (sorry my english)

A few day ago, I purchased an EVH Striped Series Frankenstein "Frankie" guitar...

I was asking for photos about this guitar model in some shops here in Spain... and a shop in Barcelona had 4 guitars... and one of them was different (check pics)... So I couldn't resist and bought it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Also, I did some Mods:

- I activated the single coil pickup of the neck with a Push/Push in the volume pot.
(To raised the pickup to mach the output with the bridge pickup, I had to put a foam underneath and changed the screws for longer ones)
- A brass neck shim in the neck pocket for a little more of low action.
(I play the guitar quite badly... and with a high action even worse ๐Ÿ˜•)
- And a 1971 D Quarter coin๐Ÿ˜‰.

I upload a cople of Youtube videos (is in Spanish, but I think you can get an idea):

Video Part 1: Presentation and Mods:

Here is the wiring diagram I used to make the modification that activates the single neck pickup with a push/push... in case you need it (note that the wire colors on the EVH pickup are different from the SD):

Video Part 2: Testing (sorry for my playing and mistaques ๐Ÿ˜“):

Pics:

I think the guitar is awesome!๐Ÿ˜Ž... but have you seen that flame maple neck?! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ. I haven't seen another EVH guitar like this.
Also the neck pickup sounds fantastic!
The only cons is that the guitar comes without a case ๐Ÿ˜’.

A question: the base of the bridge is in contact with the body... I don't know if I did the setup right... is that correct?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.