Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you guys think Eddie Van Halen is gonna sign a gear deal with?I keep hearing Fender and it's suppose to happen this spring.I think it would awesome if Eddie got with Ibanez!Imagine a black,red and white striped Ibanez!!!!!That would be insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
He just signed with Charvel, didn't he (division of Fender) around the end of the last musical disaster?

Are you saying that you've heard he's moving to yet another brand this spring? To do what?

·
Registered
962 Posts
As much as I love Ibanez, I cant see him ever going to Ibanez for a guitar.

BUT, Im sure people would have said the same thing about Peavey before the Wolfgang came along. ;)

I dont think he's lookin for a deal, I think he's playing his signature Charvels, which is owned by FMIC (Fender Musical Instrument Company, I think its called)

They're like $3000 each, for a hacked togeather parts guitar, with the Charvel name on it. I dont understand why people shell out the dough for this stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
Gex said:
They're like $3000 each, for a hacked togeather parts guitar, with the Charvel name on it. I dont understand why people shell out the dough for this stuff.
Because they are made just like the ones that belong to the guy who used to be Eddie Van Halen.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
jclogston said:
I heard (from the internet somewhere, forgot where) that there is going to be a Fender version of the wolfgang. Not sure if this is true or not?

jeff
Why do they want to do that. Peavey is already doing a modified version of the original Wolfgang.

Regards

André

·
Registered
382 Posts
fettouhi said:
Why do they want to do that. Peavey is already doing a modified version of the original Wolfgang.

Regards

André
It's pretty close to true, an acquintance apparently submitted close to 50 variations of the headstock design since they couldn't use the peavey shaped one. other than that they're pretty tightlipped about it. From what I'd heard last summer they were supposed to be ready come winter NAMM, but since that's passed already it doesn't appear that what ever it is, it's ready. I'll bet maybe summer NAMM but I'll also wager that by then Eddie will have no teeth
nor a band to back it up.

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
fettouhi said:

Regards

André
Peavey's modified Wolfgang doesn't say Eddie Van Halen on it, just like Ernie Balls (hehe I said balls), modfieid Wolfgang didn't say Eddie VAn Halen after he went to peavey, and they don't sell as well.

I could probably take a dump and if Eddie endorsed it someone would pay me very well for it.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
elcid said:
Because they are made just like the ones that belong to the guy who used to be Eddie Van Halen.
i don't care who you are - that's funny! LOL!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Eddie with Ibanez, to me, sounds almost like putting ketchup on your pancakes. Both are fine, in their own right, but not a good combo. And besides, yeah, Eddie's doing the whole Charvel thing, so I would not be surprised at all to see something from Fender coming out, with him, in the near future. Sadly, "Charvel" isn't Charvel, anymore. You wanna see some cool vids, go to Wayne's site, and check out the string of vids he did, showing him doing a guitar, from start to finish. Very cool and informative.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.