Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
I think you first paint the guitar white and then you tape it all up and spray it red and similar with the black stripes. Try going over to

vintagekramer.com I think it is explained somewhere there.

Regards

André

·
Registered
85 Posts
This picture makes me want to get a cheap rg on **** and build one! I love my rg 2550 but I've always dreamed of having the "Red Devil". Honestly I am to lazy to do the painting myself. I would have to send it away to make it someone elses problem. Beautiful picture!

·
Registered
484 Posts
beyblade said:
Try this link. It's translated (very poorly) from Japanese but I was able to do a great EVH stripe job from it. http://www.universaljems.com/fun/5150trans.htm

A word of advice if you decide to attempt it. Keep the red & the black coats 'very light' just enough to provide coverage and not enough to create 'ridges' between the colors.

Here's an RG I did using that info.
You linked to a really tough read !

·
Registered
237 Posts
Bob, this one is for you.

What we got here is a 570 body with the pickup routes modified so that they're symmetrical, original Edge trem and a 1550 neck. The headstock is an overlay made from the lid from a family size tub of ice cream, cut out, painted up and cleared over. Completely removable to keep the neck original but looks good. Pups are Seymour Duncan EVH's on a 3 way switch wired with the middle position as off.
It's a genuine one in a million freak. Feels, sounds and plays as a great guitar should plus there's an amazing vibe to it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.