Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Evo 7 in the bridge of my 7 string Kramer (yeah, they're out there, but pretty rare...), and a stock pickup in the neck position. It sucks, needless to say.

I'm looking for a good neck pickup; I'm pretty happy with the bridge Evo 7 as it is. I was thinking perhaps the Blaze for the neck, but I don't know if the output difference would be noticable; ie, would switching to the blaze produce a noticably quieter sound?

If I did get the Blaze, and liked it, I might even consider replacing the bridge with one, but I like the high output of the evo for thrash.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've heard EVO7's and they're pretty big in output compared to other 7-string pickups i've heard. You might get a difference in volume between switching pickups. Not sure if it'd be noticeable. I'd probably just get another Evo7 for the neck.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I contacted "Dimarzio Tech" a while back and he/she mentioned that the Blaze neck is very similar to the 6-string Evo neck pickup. That's why they didn't make an EVO-7 neck model. So, it should match.

Clydefrog, you have the Kramer 2027S too? If so, cool. I had one myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.