Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evolution and the evo 2 can anyone tell me the differences, likes -dislikes between these two pups? Im trying to decide what to put in my refinished rg550? I like the tone zone but would like a more articulate bottom end. I like emgs for this ariculation but to me they are a bit sterile and thin. what single coil should I use for the middle? Im an eightes sherdder kinda guy although I play blues and other stlyes. Cant decide, Ive never heard the evo 2? Any suggestions? Thanks much....cu

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Re: evo 2?

if i remember correctly the evo 2s were made for steve because he wanted a slightly different sound. I don't think they were put into production tho. I can attest that evolutions are phenominal pickups. They'll have different results depending on the guitar but usually sound great in any guitar. They're very hot and will suit basically all styles of music

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

thanks for the replies, yeah the dimarzio site doesnt have anything on them?? Ive seen them for sale on auction so I know they are out there?

·
Registered
154 Posts

I emailed Dimarzio & they said its available at the dealers. But I haven't been able to track down one yet...

U might have better luck

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

ive decided to try the evo 2 after talking with dimarzio tech. He said the evo2 is a little warmer than the evolution. still dont know what jto put in the neck and middle? Im thinking either a hs2 or virtual 2 middle? wired for single coil or full hum? has anyone tried just using one coil for more of a spanky strat tone? and a evolution in the neck position? anyone tried this combo in a rg? any combos youve tried that really sound well together? cu

·
Registered
589 Posts

spindlergallery said:
ive decided to try the evo 2 after talking with dimarzio tech. He said the evo2 is a little warmer than the evolution.
Please let us know how they sound once you buy them.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
451 Posts
The EVO 2 sounds to be more diversed than the first EVO
it has a better clean tone and is more dynamic
it has the same basic tone but is more open

1 - 14 of 14 Posts