Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally my zebra evos arrived after 2 month waiting period.
It took 2 hours to install them on my prestige 1570 and what a difference after.
The v7 and v8 weren't that bad for stock pickups but to get most of this beautiful baby you need the right stuff.
Bright sounding with little more output than my Jem7DBK breeds but they lack the dynamics and the tone that the breeds put out. But yet again the evos have there use and the prestige now scream like a bitch.
Tell me if you like the zebras in contrast with the MRR finish. It took me hours to decide on the color, originally i wanted to go with black and green but i think the cream ones are the best looking.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/rabih...oalbum=showdefault&_c02_owner=1&_c=photoalbum

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I think it looks good with that finish. It would probably look better if the neck pickup were the other way so that the cream and black alternated like on a JEM, but it looks good the way it is.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
it looks kinda cool. i was trying to think of a colour combination that would look better with that colour, but i think that's a hard colour to accessorise with!

might be 6% cooler if the neck pickup was reversed, but that's pretty cool as is.

should be receiving my MRB tomorrow. am toying with the idea of blue dimarzios for that one.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ryanb said:
I think it looks good with that finish. It would probably look better if the neck pickup were the other way so that the cream and black alternated like on a JEM, but it looks good the way it is.
I tried to put the neck zebra in reverse but the holl in the wood for the wire is on the same side as the bridge one, so there was no room for the wire to go under the pickups itself if i wanted to tilt it, but it looks good that way also.

Damo7v you might want to try also the purple color ones for your MRB, i think they will look great on it. What kind of pickups are you installing anyway?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.