Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi jem's member. i've already owned js100 with upgrades pickups, mo joe on the bridge and humbucker from hell,well the sound is awesome to me.nice combination for a strat guy like me.now i have this two guitar that i'm going to buy,i'm planing on buying an sa series guitar. i want to upgrade it with two dimarzio protrack on neck and mid position,dimarzio mo'jo on the bridge.is it a good combination?will it fit with mighty mite vs50 wilkinson tremolo? and what kind of nut should i use to make it stay in tune ?is the sa series neck feel like js100 neck?cause i'm so comfortble with the js100 neck.help me,somebody,someone....

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
hi jem's member. i've already owned js100 with upgrades pickups, mo joe on the bridge and humbucker from hell,well the sound is awesome to me.nice combination for a strat guy like me.now i have this two guitar that i'm going to buy,i'm planing on buying an sa series guitar. i want to upgrade it with two dimarzio protrack on neck and mid position,dimarzio mo'jo on the bridge.is it a good combination?will it fit with mighty mite vs50 wilkinson tremolo? and what kind of nut should i use to make it stay in tune ?is the sa series neck feel like js100 neck?cause i'm so comfortble with the js100 neck.help me,somebody,someone....
Save your money. SA's are garbage. You can get a good deal on used s series all over the place to warrant you buying that guitar and dumping a bunch of money into replacement parts.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I wouldn't say the SA series are garbage; quite the contrary. I had an SA160 that I got on ebay for $115 and it was a very, very, nice guitar. I loved the neck on it (in a Strat sort of way), and with a tonezone in the bridge it played and sounded fantastic. I can't speak for all SA series guitars, but I can say that all of the SA series I've play (160, and 220 I think) I thought that they played great and sounded good as well. I wouldn't rule out buying an SA if you like the neck (it is a lil thicker than MIJ S series guitars).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't say the SA series are garbage; quite the contrary. I had an SA160 that I got on ebay for $115 and it was a very, very, nice guitar. I loved the neck on it (in a Strat sort of way), and with a tonezone in the bridge it played and sounded fantastic. I can't speak for all SA series guitars, but I can say that all of the SA series I've play (160, and 220 I think) I thought that they played great and sounded good as well. I wouldn't rule out buying an SA if you like the neck (it is a lil thicker than MIJ S series guitars).
so,what do you think,or should i just buy rg350dx? the new line came in with edge zero tremolo right?i think edge zero is better than zr trem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.