Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's my dilema.

I play a mesa boogie solo 50 rectifier head with the 3/4 oversized rectifier cab to match. My buddy and i jam regularly and i really wanna use my mesa more. The problem is his jam room is up stairs and all you mesa fans know there cabs are far from light. So here's my question:

Could i get a 2X12 and just hook only that up to the head (this would make my cargo much less and easier to haul). I see EXTENSION and i'm thinking you can't just hook one 2X12 up, or can you?

Also if this is possible, what back configuration would you go with. The room is pretty small so feedback and noise would like to be avoided.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Make sure you know the load of the cab then set the load on your head to match. You should have a switch on the back of the head. It will tell you the minimum load allowed by the head near the speaker out jacks. Typically this will be 4 ohms

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i was thinking about the legacy 2X12 cabinet considering it has the same speakers and the price blows the mesa price out of the water. It has an 8 ohm input and my head has an 8 ohm out. Plus you can order it online.

What do you guys think of this cab? I know the legacy is favored here but has anybody had any exp. with the 2x12?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think i will prolly go with the legacy because it is really compact and has a top handle. Thank you for showing me avatar speakers, i'll definitely show some budget buds those also.

The only thing is i really don't like signature gear. Anybody know where i can get one of the same size and price as the legacy.........but not a legacy hehe.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i guess you're right, at least it doesn't say, STEVE VAI AMPLIFIER BLAH BLAH BLAH and have his signature like some other signature gear. I guess i'll stick with the legacy haha. I mean it is only a speaker, how signature can it be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.