Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so I am having extreme tuning issues with Edge pro Trem of my Ibanez RG1570. I bought it used, and it looks like the locking saddles at nut are actually wore off a little. The fine tuner on E string is not being effective, and in overal use, guitar doesn't stay in tune. You know using the trem a little bit with more float, get's A, G, and B strings out of tune by a little every time, and a dive bomb just screws it all up. Do you have any ideas which strings should I use, which brand makes nice replacements for locking nut, and the springs are changed yet, where can I find nice springs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
There could be loads of factors that could be contributing to your guitar's tuning, but most likely (if it's a new guitar) its the setup, new guitars don't play very well out of the box since they are usually shipped From country to country each with a different climate affecting the wood and warping the neck. If its used however then the trem could be a little worn out or your knife edges might need sharpening (this was my lo pro's problem) but my best advice would just be to take it to a music store and a guy who knows what he's doing, he will have a look and if you want he'll fix it or just tell you what needs replacing etc..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts