Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I was looking at that last night.

How is the neck joint wrong? Tick looks fine too.

The only thing that looks wrong is where it's been signed, and the signature looks a bit suss.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ticks on JEM headstocks is meant to go all the way to the end. The neck joint is right, I couldnt see the contour (bad photo angle)

·
Registered
407 Posts
The signature could very well be on the cavity plate: not all LG's are signed on the body itself. Could be for two reasons:
- not al LG's were ready when Steve was there to sign them.
- since most trem cavity plate signed LG's are non-US, I guess they just let Steve sign the plate so they didn't have to transport the whole guitar/body from Japan to US to 'overseas' areas.
or a combination of bot :D

It actually looks pretty legit to me. If it's a copy, it's a very good one, because most of the times you can spot a Chinese copy a mile ahead.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont actually think it is a copy anymore. Its an Australian delivered guitar so that explains the plate signature. I couldnt see the neck joint well, it actually is right, and the headstock tick could have been damaged, so that explains why it doesnt go to the edge of the headstock. The rest of the guitar is fine too, so I'm pretty sure it is real.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Pretty sure i know the seller, it's not fake, i suspect the sig has been traced over in marker pen? everything else looks spot on tbh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts