Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this one on the bay today, looks like the seller is trying to sell it as a real jem and rip the dude off. Sorry wont let me post the url, havent' gotten to 10 yet, lol. Anyways, search jem and you'll see it. Trying to help the guy not get suckered.

·
Registered
379 Posts

This one? LOL this one is awful, especially the first picture.
HAHA look at his Q&A at the bottom from questions from prospective buyers. He tells one of the guys that "he thinks it's a Jem 555.." HAHAHA!! when it's clearly made to look like a Jem7.

Yeah that auction stinks of fakeness....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I flagged it lastnight to el bay. I actually have one of these fakes, got it from GC about a year ago. They sure look cool hanging on the wall next to the billions of strats and lester paulsons. So I called them out on it they wanted 750, and I talked em down to 300. Swapped the gold knobs out for white strat knobs, and it looks great. Sounds pretty weak, and the craftmanship isn't very good. The neck is fatter than a wizard 2, and it's also narrower. Like 2 MM, that's why it doesn't play very good. The inlay work and fretjob is actually ok, but the edge of the frets taper in too far, so the e strings like to slip off the ends if you get just a little aggresive. But the trem is surprisingly solid, and comes back better than a lo POS. I mean TRS haha. Sometimes when you want something SO BAD like a 7wh, you'll make a sacrifice to have something as close as you can afford. Too bad sharks have to lie to people and prey on this weakness.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
. . . Sometimes when you want something SO BAD like a 7wh, you'll make a sacrifice to have something as close as you can afford. . . .
No. That doesn't make any sense at all. If you want something as badly as you're representing, you will make sacrifices to obtain the real thing, not "something close." You'll ride your bike to work, clip coupons, cancel your cable TV, and eat ramen noodles.
Live like this for six months and you'll have saved thousands of dollars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.