Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

there is a FAKE UV MC in londons' "rokas" guitar store , in denmark street , it is a BK with a VERY CRAPPY "swirl" done to it , this almost gives it away , then theres the green DOT inlays and a black scartch plate , with green binding ........and this for 1600£ ....its no way a MC

i brought this up with the shop and because im only 15 they argued its and old model you wont know it , your thinking of the New UV777BK , i was like NO i Know what a MC is , next time il bring pics of a real one in....

if anyones in in london check this out NOW

ps they also have a BK with the ibanez logo totally removed from the headstock , as well as the universe logo and the check (so its all black) at a reel good price...1100£.......

again that Swirl Is SO Fake.....its like a little toddler took a bucket of paint and threw it on the UV , also it has grey in the mix......

·
Vendor
26,378 Posts
Fake Uv MC in london

Next time you see it look for the rear rout and control cover. It could be an MC that was converted over by a previous owner. No rear rout, no MC.

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
Fake Uv MC in london

There was one VERY similar to this floating around a Leeds store (musicground) a few months ago. It wouldn't surprise me if they haven't moved it down South to try and sell it there.

It too was a bad swirl, on a black and green UV7. With grey paint in the mix. The one I saw wasn't either a ATD (unless Darren was VERY drunk;) ) or a japanese MKR.

IMHO the best place in England to go for Ibanez is Machinehead in Hitchin who know what they're on about have perfect customer service but HUGE prices :(

Buying a MC? - buy it from Rich :)

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Fake Uv MC in london

Yep, seen it, but didn't pay too much attention to it at the time. I remember the mid pu was an 90 model, and yes it has got grey in it, but I don't remember the pickguard being black, so I do think it was rear rout, but then again I saw it a couple of weeks ago, so I can't remember exactly. I heard about when I was guitar shopping months ago, they said they had a UVMC up north and where going to bring it down so I could have a look. It's definetly a bad paint job, and by the time it had appeared in the shop I'd bought my new babies already. Not an ATD, but i just generally assumed it was an MKR, which is not what I would have wanted anyway (which is probably why I didn't pay too much attention to it).

Then again, they are also asking 1100£ for that really really beat up UV7BK (the dings look like binding because there are so many of them, and the headstock has been stripped and painted over). UV's are definetly overpriced in this country...

I'll have a quick look at it again this weekend, need to get new strings anyway!

James

·
Registered
747 Posts
Fake Uv MC in london

Give 'em some stick Simon. :biggrin:

Jono,
Machinehead I agree are very good with Ibanez, but as you say the prices are awful.

Coda (Stevenage not Luton) seem to be a little better.
They don't stock many, but will barter on the price and will also give you a trade on what you have aswell as the barter, whereas if you try a trade at Machinehead they won't barter and will only trade against list. (unless they changed their policy in the last few months)

Cheers
Steve

P.S. We need a U.K. Rich Harris!....any takers?
I hear human cloning has come a long way... ;)

(Edited by ripl3y at 8:16 am on Aug. 23, 2001)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Fake Uv MC in london

Quote: from ripl3y on 9:12 am on Aug. 23, 2001
P.S. We need a U.K. Rich Harris!....any takers?
I hear human cloning has come a long way... ;)
If you get a Rich Harris clone, then Texas gets one too. Off to the cloning doctors with you, Rich!

Gabe

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
Fake Uv MC in london

Rich, send me a sample of your DNA and I'll get right on it with my PCR and sequencing machines! :)

·
Vendor
26,378 Posts
Fake Uv MC in london

Quote: from cerealk on 1:09 pm on Aug. 23, 2001
Rich, send me a sample of your DNA and I'll get right on it with my PCR and sequencing machines! :)
I can't shoot that far, I'm lucky if it hits the floor! :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
Fake Uv MC in london

"I can't shoot that far, I'm lucky if it hits the floor!"

actually, I meant blood!
:)

I prefer PFU Turbo DNA polymerase from stratgene because it proof reads and so you have less PCR mistakes and mutations.

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
Fake Uv MC in london

oh I see you get to play with the good stuff ;)

It's a long time since I did any PCR work.

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
Fake Uv MC in london

Ok here is the scoop on the UV.

It is a 1990 UV7BK with a home made 'swirl' paint job.
There is grey paint in it! (who the hell wants to have a grey swirl!!! FFS!!)
Some of the swirl has been painted with a brush as you can see the stroke marks.
Colours are dull orange, dullish green, some yellow, grey, you know... kind of like vomit on a pavement!

The body is front routed, back trem cover is missing and as described above the rest of the body is like a standard UV7BK (just like the one behind me in this room)

Earlier this evening...I walked into rokas with a friend... as I was saying 'yeah look it is a standard universe with a dodgy home made paint job'....'looks they even used grey paint!-ha ha ha', I turn around and get dirty looks from the staff!

and yes hanging next to it is a poor condition UV7BK with the green logo missing on the headstock.

Both overpriced.

after Rokas, I went for a few ales in the Intrepid Fox, which was nice....

cheers

Simon

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Fake Uv MC in london

hehehehehehe.... Oh well, someone must have ripped some music store off! Looks like they got a very bad deal there and are trying to palm it off...I'll have another look at it just to have a laugh this weekend...

The price of the beat up UV is ridiculous as well...

James

·
Registered
237 Posts
Fake Uv MC in london

I went in roka's yesterday and had a chat about the 'MC'.
They have stopped pretending it's real. The assistant conceded it was a regular Uni with a paint job. I don't think it looks THAT bad, and it's still a step up from most of the guitars around. The chap said he'd go down to £1200, and that was before I'd even tried to haggle-maybe they'd go down further, which would make it a fair deal.

Guy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts