Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here watching those two shows :grin:. I think that they are great, I was nice hear and now see Family guy again.

Regards

André

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i haven't seen one episode of american dad is it really bad?
Is it from the same creators of Family Guy because i have seen commercials and they look alike

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The new season of Family Guy is really really funny. Episode 3 of that season with the Star Wars ending really got me in the mood for the new Episode III :grin:. Last sundays ep. fantastic too with the Rocky III ending :lol:.

Regards

André

·
Registered
623 Posts
carlos grijalva said:
i haven't seen one episode of american dad is it really bad?
Is it from the same creators of Family Guy because i have seen commercials and they look alike
Yeah, they're both by Seth Macfarlane.

I love Family Guy but I really don't see the point of American Dad. It's like a bad, unfunny, copy of Family Guy. The only thing I can figure is that it had been in development before Fox decided to resurrect Family Guy and they decided to do both of them.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
moro said:
Yeah, they're both by Seth Macfarlane.

I love Family Guy but I really don't see the point of American Dad. It's like a bad, unfunny, copy of Family Guy. The only thing I can figure is that it had been in development before Fox decided to resurrect Family Guy and they decided to do both of them.
I like American Dad, simply plain *$$ funny, Klaus the goldfish is a hoot ;).

Regards

André

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Is American Dad as much a rip off of FAmily Guy as the FAmily Guy dad is a rip off of Homer SImpson?

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Family Guy might have been a bit of a ripoff of The Simpsons, but after 7 years (3 full seasons, 4 years off, and the new season) it's not really relevant anymore. It's a damn funny show, filled with classic lines. American Dad seems kind of forced, but it may hit a stride. Family Guy is funny as hell, though. I'm glad the DVD was made available, sold like it did, and I'm glad they brought it back. If you don't have the DVDs, get 'em.

·
Registered
15 Posts
fettouhi said:
The new season of Family Guy is really really funny. Episode 3 of that season with the Star Wars ending really got me in the mood for the new Episode III :grin:. Last sundays ep. fantastic too with the Rocky III ending :lol:.

Regards

André
Gosh those were amazing! Like pretty much all the new episodes!

[randomfamilyguyquote] "Wooo.... woooo.... woooo....... That's not my Batman glass" [/randomfamilyguyquote]

·
Registered
883 Posts
Two hands31 said:
Interestingly enough, the only people I know (myself included) who like American Dad are not in the USA...
Probably because Americans know that if they want to see a show depicting the unfunny exploits of right wing cartoon characters, we already have the news media.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Demiurge said:
Probably because Americans know that if they want to see a show depicting the unfunny exploits of right wing cartoon characters, we already have the news media.
Man, that was perfect! You nailed it! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
I think Family Guy is far more biting than the Simpsons. It's also 10x faster.

I only recently got into it, but i've got all the DVDs. i just love how inappropriate it is. :)

The 80s pop-culture references slay me. So much stuff in there that other generations just don't get.

~K

1 - 20 of 21 Posts