Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Hi, to get the frets really exact you can make a mathematic scheme. To get it right you have to put in a little more effort to it than just calculating the high and the low string fretpositions and draw a line between them. If you place the fretsaw just half a millimeter wrong, yor fretboard will be ruined.

I can give the "formulae" you it, but since it will take a loong time to write it down it would be nice to know if you are still interested.

Micke

· Registered
69 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u205/komorok/?action=view&current=PICT3656.jpg

I updated the equations to incooperate a variable so it it possible to choose which fret is perpendicular to the centerline of the fretboard.

I made a program on my Texas TI82. Otherwise the calculations would take a serious amount of time!

I guess this is a little to complicated for some people, so if you need help I will gladly give it to you. Just give me the scales and width of the saddels and the stringspacing at the nut and which fret you want to be perpendicular. I guess the most usual is fret 12...

Man, I sound swollen up.... I assure you I only wish to be helpful :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.