Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of pairing one of these with a Breed. I know that the Cruiser is supposed to be more single coil-ish, but I am worried that it will be too weak. Is the Fast Track 1 more of a single coil sound or humbucker sound? Has anyone had both and can compare the two?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I haven't had both, but I have the Fast Track 1 and I love it. It is very single coil-ish. Lots of snap and sparkle. I understand your concern about the output difference, although I never chose pickups based on their output match to eachother. Remember, if you coil cut for the in between positions, the Breed will drop to somewhere between FT1 and Cruiser levels. Although if you coil cut the Breed, you won't be hum cancelling, unless you also coil cut this pickup. I'd say either will be a great choice.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I think I might go with the Cruiser. I am planning on giving this guitar an Andy Timmons vibe, and the Cruiser bridge is what he uses in the neck. If it doesn't work I guess I will just trade it in for a Fast Track 1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts