Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For hard rock, metal of all stripes, and punk, it's hard to beat a high gain instrument like an Ibanez, Jackson, or Schechter if sales in those genres are any indication. Sometimes it comes down to fighting over if the S is better or the RG, or vice versa.

But what guitars, and settings, do you prefer for blues?

For clean blues, I love a straight ahead stratocaster in the neck setting and for blues with a little bit of distortion, I like a the middle position setting on a telecaster (volume rolled off 1/2), and both of those through a small amp. While it's very similar playing blues on a Gibson or Ibanez or hollowbody like a Gretsch, somehow I like these two the best. What's your setting?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I use my '86 RG430(that I just got back from my buddy, after selling it to him)
I like the 5 or 5/4 position as far as pickup setting goes. Those ibby single coils are pretty warm and have a nice growl to them. I use my 50watt SLO 100 copy through some old late '60s closed back gibson 2x10 cabs that were originally designed for pa cabs.I loaded them with mojo speakers. That setup screams.....;)

**this isn't mine I just wanted to show an example of what one of these looks like in case some of you have never seen one, as they are not very common, GREAT blues guitars***

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^^^^

Those are great guitars. Those and the Ibanez Blazers that came before them were so overshadowed by the current Ibanez RG that we see today.

Ibanez were one of the first to jump on the Floyd thing and cashed in handsomely. Those were great guitars and fun times.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I flip flop between my Squier with original single coils and scalloped neck or my Ibanez SZ720 with MoJo/PafJoe setup, volume rolled down about half.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts