Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the best effects processor, in terms of best quality, genuine sound, decent range of effects without going overboard with many things you would never use or need. Something that isn't too pricey (over a grand), and user friendly.

Can be analog or digital!! Let's here it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
The TC G Major is cool, but was too much money for me.. That said, I think the best one I've heard is by far the Tech 21 for distortions, but for effects there are so many..One could check them out for years and never come to an agreement on which is the best.. I guess it's like most things tone related. It's relative..

Tim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Boss GT5!!

The first real "Pro" guitar effects processor that I actually trusted to gig with. I still use it (on the odd times I get to actually gig now) with my JCM900 and the four cable method - I actually thought I invented it until I saw it mentioned here...

Anyway, it's a top guitar effect - analog effects all the way. Plus it's built like a tank (and a bit like a submarine too, since it's survived a few pints here and there).

-Bob

·
Registered
541 Posts
DotNetTim said:
Bob, the Boss GT5 is analog? I'm an analog nut.. I'll have to try it if it is?
Thanks
Tim
yes the GT5 is analog. Including the DS/OD, which is digital (eww) on the GT6.

I own a GT5 and it's a great unit. Dialing parameter settings is a bit of a pain though. I'd look for a gt8 though if u you have the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.