Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
State your favorite guitar that you've ever played, any brand, any make, and provide information.

My favorite is my Black Pearl Ibanez SF-420 I just got. Perfect medium of sound, neck feel, EVERYTHING. RARE! I've only seen one person use one ever. Made half a year in 1997, fixed bridge SF420. Check out my gear site...

http://www.geocities.com/sonicdefiancegear

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Favorite guitar ever owned? Yikes! My memory banks are probably leaving something out, but off the top of my head, I'd have to say my '63 Hardtail Strat. Wish I still had it, but...I wanted a new car instead. ;)

My Custom Shop Relic 60's Strat is a VERY close second though...it's got the tone, the feel and the vibe, plus I can gig it without worrying too much!

Favorite Ibanez? It'd have to be my DNA- best feeling JEM I've had, plus my wife bought if for me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ibanez J-Custom ART-1 : Great sound, looks and workmanship. Perfect neck for me. Limited model. I can honestly say I've never had more enjoyment from any other guitar. 8)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Jem777dy

I tried one a couple of years back that just blew me away.
Probably more because I didn't own a Jem at the time and had nothing good to compare with. :roll:

·
Registered
670 Posts
my friend's Ibanez JS1 which I tried out in 1990. nice neck. I picked up a JS100 last year, but it's not really the same... oh well..

·
Registered
609 Posts
my DBK. Nothing i've actually played has the match of the neck, pickups and bridge that i want. I have played a VSBL and it could replace the DBK as my fave if i spent more time with it.......

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hmm... from the feel alone I'd say a JEM7VWH.... I'm drooling over that one every time I see it at the store. But I must say that I'm more than pleased with my JEM77FP and my Peavey Wolfgang QT (I just love the neck!!)

Fabe

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
my old 1992 rbm2 was the best as far as action, string tension, whammy, and tone. second is my rgt3120 with air norton and air zone. third is my robin ranger. it has rio grandes, sperzels, and a hot rail all on a 2 piece ash body. these are the ones i have owned.

the best sounding guitar: tom anderson cobra. p-90s on a strat style made of mahogany. much like the js-700, but the neck tone was to die for.

the best playing was a tom anderson drop top classic. no string tension. it played itself almost. killer pickups, too, but it had that damn switcheroo switching. green quilt on alder and gold hardware. was a damn good looker. nice light rosewood fretboard that looked like a blend between rosewood and pau ferro.

rich

·
Registered
240 Posts
my 1969 les paul deluxe. It was my very first guitar and to this day havent found a guitar where i can get a lower action on. What a fine piece of craftsmanship. It was in sunburst and I would love to pretend to be jimmy page playing zep songs. Unfortunately, she ended up getting traded in. I'd love to have her back.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts