Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Favorite non-Jem/Universe progressive guitar?

• Modulus Blackknife

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Satriani Signature

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Klein customs

• Jackson Roswell Rhoads

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Parker Fly

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Steinberger Guitars

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • ESP Guitars

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Novax Guitars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zakk Wylde Signature

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Floyd Rose Gutiars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EVH Signature (any incarnation)

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Fernandes Guitars

• Kirk Hammet Signature

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other (do tell!)

Votes: 26 36.1%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I've never heard of some of the options in the poll. I should look into them.

But to answer the question: Suhr. So I voted 'other'. :)

Click here to see them, if you haven't ever. Try not to freak out, though. They're stunning. lol

·
Super Moderator
7,394 Posts
I've never seen a "stunning" Suhr, I've seen nicely figured ones and technically perfect ones. but never anything "stunning". To each their own I guess.

Having said that... Seeing as how I don't think I would really be after a "stunning" guitar, I'd get a Suhr as well :D

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I'm with you on the Suhrs :) Of course I'm really biased and think the quilted tops on my standards are stunning :)

·
Super Moderator
7,394 Posts
Have you seen this? :)
Yep and all of them are pretty run of the mill yet brilliantly executed guitars.

I guess there's so little left to do with guitars after multicolour swirls, chrome plating, colour changing paint, exact replicas, "relic"ing processes,multi stain quilted maple tops and so on that there's very liitle that I find "stunning" about Suhr guitars. But like I said I'd probably be playing them if I decided to "quit" Ibanez, because they really are fantastic :D

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
they really are fantastic :D
Not to mention...incredible. :cool:

:lol:

But seriously, I see where you're coming from when you say that there's not much that hasn't been done already, when it comes to guitars. Personally, I do have to say that Suhr has some pretty special finishes/guitars. Like how they've got a finish that's the same as that of a Mercedes and a Lexus... And their 'exotic' line of guitars is very, very interesting. I'd never seen what they did on this guitar, for instance. When it comes to the fretboard wood.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Btw, Carvins are great, too, imo. They're really quite something. I actually wanted to buy a DC127, before, like Mark said, I caught the Suhr bug. Here's a crude image of how it would have looked, guys.

It would have had 24 frets, a 14" radius, stainless steel frets... Also, it would have had the same bridge (Wilkinson) as the one on my Yamaha. It's a great bridge, but it has only a semi-tone of pull-up. Whereas the Suhr I'd like to have will have a recessed Gotoh that can pull-up a lot more.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts