1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, Phrygian dominant, which I like a lot, is also a mode of the harmonic minor scale.

That's an interesting page, Newbie (freakguitar). There are a lot of scales there I never heard of.

Alwin

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Yeah, Phrygian dominant, which I like a lot, is also a mode of the harmonic minor scale.

That's an interesting page, Newbie (freakguitar). There are a lot of scales there I never heard of.

Alwin
yeah this pg is cool too on it, on the right side it has all the harmonics and some licks on the left side http://www.freakguitar.com/licks.html

·
Registered
740 Posts
I try to learn scales but alot of the time i play by ear, was great for the first few years, but when i started writing and composing my own stuff for bands, i found i really missed the scales when it came to writing the solos.

I like the sound of Aeolian for slower runs tho, sounds kinda strange but cool :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't play by scales, I play by ear... :p
I play by ear too, but i know scales and their sound. If you play all the time by ear sometimes your can get stuck with tonal scales, but if you want to play some atonal scales or cromatic passages between the notes of your scale, sometimes you should know the structure and their relationship with chords.

I know that too much people can play weird things and they don't know scales, but i think is more easier if you have all the theory and then try to put it into your arsenal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.