Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm under FC serial number research. Until now nothing is for sure because FC is not Fuji Gen or Cort. Many people said those are chinese made fake Ibanez.
I found a FC+7digits on my local eBay and the seller claims to be a MIJ even if it looks like one I think it's fake because there are many details that doesn't match with MIJ or korean Ibanez.
I'm not looking to buy the guitar I want to know the truth about FC serials.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
It would really help to know what model guitar this is. If it's a Jem, then it's a fake. There are either F or C serials. Some of the older fake Jem 7Vs have a C serial. The MIK Jem 555s have a C serial. Tell us what the guitar is and go get 10 posts and show us some pics. Do not post an ebay link, but you can give us the item number.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
parts made in japan, assembled in cort factory in korea....

Think of our "american customs" in the same fashion, ableit their serial codes make sense. Rich should be chiming in about this problem soon ;)

edit : this isnt saying its not a fake, only a picture or item number can help us help you.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
parts made in japan, assembled in cort factory in korea....

Think of our "american customs" in the same fashion, ableit their serial codes make sense. Rich should be chiming in about this problem soon ;)

edit : this isnt saying its not a fake, only a picture or item number can help us help you.
I don't think that's the case here. Our USA assembled Ibbies from Japanese made parts still carried the F serial number. This whole thing smells fishy...

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I don't think that's the case here. Our USA assembled Ibbies from Japanese made parts still carried the F serial number. This whole thing smells fishy...
its not.... in 95 and 96 they used fc serials on a few models. Nothing sinister about that. Now if its indeed a fake, then yes obviously. But FC's do exist!

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
I know about these types--but I'm thinking the OP is talking about a Jem possibly--I had seen a few fake serials with an F and C on some of those earlier Chibas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not a jem it's a 4xx RG series, lo-trs 505. I saw that FC bass picture on every post about FC serials.

FC6021211 it's not F****** or C****** or jem this is why I posted it here (other Ibanez 6-string Guitars not covered in the above topics)

mercadolibre argentina 110843483

|ng3rAlb from Ibanez forum: "IIRC someone from Indonesia explained on the TalkBass forum there are a lot of fake Ibbys around those parts..." but in TalkBass forum they are clueless about FC

Jeroen from LeftyBassist: "There also appears to be a transitional version, somewhere between '96 and '98. Korean serial numbers generally start with a C, which stands for Cort, who built the Korean ATK's. Japanese serial numbers start with an F, which stands for Fujigen. Lots of ATK's have a serial number starting with FC though. These serial numbers can also be found on some of the RX series guitars, of which production also at some point moved from South-Korea to Japan when they became more succesful and the series was expanded."

I also found this here "What RG is this?" post number 53590. From a google search.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts