Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
They're great guitars. If it has an Edge, it's every bit as good as post-1987 models. The Pro-Rocker trems are okay if you work really hard to set them up and keep them lubed. I like the single coils, but the humbuckers are pretty bad.

·
Registered
405 Posts
had 2 sold 1 and I am parting out the other, since the bridge is a hard item to replace. I kept the neck and put it on a fender american strat body which the roadstar neck is a perfect fit on a fender body no modding needed I love the necks but the rest of it is a hard thing to keep up with.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I have an 83 RS125... i love it... gotta refinish her and have a pickguard made for her, seems shes been thru many a battle :lol:

but still, i got it cheap, and the neck is to die for... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i do have alot of trouble with the prorock'r it doesnt like to stay in tune for anything, any good advice?

also you should see my high e string fine tuner, i found the knob for it in a drawer at a local music store, all upon luck...does match but works, and yeah i like the humbucker and coil tap on it.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
That's the one with the studs, not the big bar across the front, right? The studs are rounded and the "knife edges" are conical. So they really need to be kept clean and lubed with something. Also everything locks down in that bridge, so you have to loosen everything before you start making adjustments. But then remember to lock them down after or else there'll be some play in there.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have a Roadstar ll 410 body partially stripped in very good condition I will throw in the bridge but the E saddle is broken but all parts are there it's set up for 1 volume 1 tone and a coil splitter switch send me a message if intrested for pic's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts