Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I played this sweet strat two weeks ago and amazed by the feeling. I nearly fell in love, it felt really fantastic and transparent amber finish looked uber cool. Unfortunately, I didn't got a change to try it with amp so I only know how it sounds acousticly. http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0101500720

Any owners here or people who know how this baby sounds?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I'm sure it sounds amazing. I mean it's gonna sound like a strat, plus you have the humbucker in there for the heavy stuff. I just got to play my project strat through my Super Reverb amp for the first time tonight. I am completely blown away by how sweet it sounds.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Nice. I was interested in a limited run Fender HSS American Deluxe Mahogany Strat and it sounded great, but I figured it was too close to the mahogany PRS that I currently have. So I'm going to stick to the normal Alder, three single coil picup config.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I dunno, I'm kinda in love with it. It has that cool S-1 switching, but the Noiseless pickups don't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, they sound awesome, but lack the true tone of a single coil. I'd take noisy single coils that offer a truer Strat type tone than the Noiseless's. This is in my opinion however. Playability and feel is top notch. :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I bet they sound great!:) FMT and QMT versions are interesting models too. I've always wanted to have a real flame/quilted maple top and I heard that they sound even better than the regular all alder model.:) And they feel so awesome, satin finish on neck is nice too.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have a 2000 American Deluxe. My only complaint was the Noiseless pups - they really rob a lot of the glassy high end frequencies a strat has just gotta have. I ended up putting a Fishman piezo bridge and G&L single coils in it and now it's a very versatile and awesome sounding guitar. The neck, body, and workmanship are awesome.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
shredfreak said:
So I played this sweet strat two weeks ago and amazed by the feeling. I nearly fell in love, it felt really fantastic and transparent amber finish looked uber cool. Unfortunately, I didn't got a change to try it with amp so I only know how it sounds acousticly. http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0101500720

Any owners here or people who know how this baby sounds?
Wow. That is nice. I love Strats. I have a Mexican made one and I can't believe how great it sounds, very nice sound compared to my Ibanez 7s, it sounds incredible. Im happy with it but I still want to get a Highway 1 strat someday. Better yet, an EJ strat would rule. :)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
If you haven't tried a Jimmie Vaughan signature Strat, you're in for a treat. It's made in Mexico, but has US vintage hardware and electronics. The pickups are Tex Mex models with a higher output in the bridge position. The 2nd tone control, normally wired to the middle pickup, is connected to the bridge pickup instead. When I demoed the JV model, I used this feature to roll back the highs on the bridge pu, simulating a Gibson P-90. The mid position is wired wide open. The best feature on this model is the neck. It has a soft V contour, and a maple fretboard with medium jumbo frets, similar to those on the Jem (6105). The radius is 9.5" as compared to 7.5" on the Standard and Vintage Mex Strats.

I ordered one of these in Candy Apple Red about 2 weeks ago. I'll post pics as soon as she hits the shop and I get her home.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I love strats to bits. They are my favourite guitar in terms of an all-rounder. I have an Yngwie Malmsteen USA Strat, and its awesome. I am in the market for either a H-S-S or a H-H model at the moment. For my heavier "Iron Maiden" esque moments. I could quite happily play strats exclusively!

The thing I really like about them is, the parts for them are so common and easy to get hold of - that if you break a neck, or crack the body, or break the trem - it can be easily replaced!

They just play/sound fantastic.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
ScreamJem7 said:
If you haven't tried a Jimmie Vaughan signature Strat, you're in for a treat. It's made in Mexico, but has US vintage hardware and electronics. The pickups are Tex Mex models with a higher output in the bridge position. The 2nd tone control, normally wired to the middle pickup, is connected to the bridge pickup instead. When I demoed the JV model, I used this feature to roll back the highs on the bridge pu, simulating a Gibson P-90. The mid position is wired wide open. The best feature on this model is the neck. It has a soft V contour, and a maple fretboard with medium jumbo frets, similar to those on the Jem (6105). The radius is 9.5" as compared to 7.5" on the Standard and Vintage Mex Strats.

I ordered one of these in Candy Apple Red about 2 weeks ago. I'll post pics as soon as she hits the shop and I get her home.
Nice, now that is vintage vibe type of strat. You know with Jimmie Vaughan, it's going to sound good and play good. Have you tried the SRV strat? I've always wanted to know how those played.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have that same guitar, except with a maple board. I only have to state that it has replaced all of my other guitars. I sold my wolfgang, and my 77fp and have not regretted it since. The most amazing thing is how the guitar feels. It feels like part of me, not just an accessary. I love the SCN pickups, they are great for me. I play through a Mesa/Boogie Lonestar special 112 widebody, and my pedal board (bad horsie->route 66 OD->digitech distortion factory->tuner) I also run a line 6 DL4 in the loop. I love this guitar.

I do however have one complaint. The humbucker is kind of bland. I replaced it with a JB, and the guitar became perfection. The locking tuners are great with the LSR nut, I can flutter and pull sharp, and it stays in tune.

You would be doing yourself a major disservice if you let her go. Mine is appropriately named "Amber"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.