Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Ok, I know this is going to be blasphemous but i've always been attrated to the Fender Malmsteen Signature...(not the guy, only his guitar) I simply love that YJM neck PU... I just hope it's not noisy on a high gain amp. Oh and the scalloped maple fretboard !!! ( never played with scallop but I hear its easy to play)

Anyone recommend ? Pros and Cons ?

Also can the trem do fairly decent small dives or is it like all non locking trems and go out of tune ?

Here ya go ! let the party begin ...

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Ok Ok, I know this is going to be blasphemous but i've always been attrated to the Fender Malmsteen Signature...(not the guy, only his guitar) I simply love that YJM neck PU... I just hope it's not noisy on a high gain amp. Oh and the scalloped maple fretboard !!! ( never played with scallop but I hear its easy to play)

Anyone recommend ? Pros and Cons ?

Also can the trem do fairly decent small dives or is it like all non locking trems and go out of tune ?

Here ya go ! let the party begin ...
Explain to me why is it blasphemous??? and what's wrong with Yngwie man?
he is a great player who gets demonized wrongly by people who have never even met him or spoken to him! :roll: If the thing that you like is the neck pickup don't you think it'd be smarter and cheaper just to buy that instead of a signature guitar you're not familiar with and you don't appreaciate...?!? :?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I say buy an EJ Strat..... :lol: Scallops are seafood, not something that belongs on a guitar neck! ;) :lol:

Hey Olie.... Yngwie??? Sucks! :lol: (JK) Actually though.... most don't demonize him.... he's done that all on his own! ;)

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I say buy an EJ Strat..... :lol: Scallops are seafood, not something that belongs on a guitar neck! ;) :lol:

Hey Olie.... Yngwie??? Sucks! :lol: (JK) Actually though.... most don't demonize him.... he's done that all on his own! ;)
You are entitled to your opinion Mike but let me ask you this. have you ever met him? or talked to him? has he ever been a jerk to you? if the answer to all 3 questions is NO then I don't see why pick on the guy. True, we all fall into the trap of bashing other players at times but I think you should have first hand knowledge or experiences before passing judgement on somebody.
I was able to meet the guy a few years back after a concert and he was really cool and down to earth we talked about his influences and players like Uli Jon Roth, Blackmore and schenker, he was very patient and informative I have a couple of pics of the occasion somewhere.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
You are entitled to your opinion Mike but let me ask you this. have you ever met him? or talked to him? has he ever been a jerk to you? if the answer to all 3 questions is NO then I don't see why pick on the guy. True, we all fall into the trap of bashing other players at times but I think you should have first hand knowledge or experiences before passing judgement on somebody.
I was able to meet the guy a few years back after a concert and he was really cool and down to earth we talked about his influences and players like Uli Jon Roth, Blackmore and schenker, he was very patient and informative I have a couple of pics of the occasion somewhere.
I was just kidding...... (about sucking, you did see the JK.... yes???) ;) Anyway, I have no doubt he can be nice...... but then again just look at his rant on that Tokyo flight. We all know we're our own worst enemies! You've got to admit though, he's been less than "social" in quite a few situations. Whether I have first hand knowledge or not becomes irrelevant when you're in the public eye and behave poorly in front of the public.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/yngwie_tokyo_flight.mp3

Who can forget that memorable moment..... :lol:

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I was just kidding...... (about sucking, you did see the JK.... yes???) ;) Anyway, I have no doubt he can be nice...... but then again just look at his rant on that Tokyo flight. We all know we're our own worst enemies! You've got to admit though, he's been less than "social" in quite a few situations. Whether I have first hand knowledge or not becomes irrelevant when you're in the public eye and behave poorly in front of the public.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/yngwie_tokyo_flight.mp3

Who can forget that memorable moment..... :lol:
I agree to some exetent and although I do not condone his actions where does that crazy chick get off doing something like that?!? he was not even talking to her. I bet if you were flying first class and someone did that to you, you would not be a happy camper!

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I agree to some exetent and although I do not condone his actions where does that crazy chick get off doing something like that?!? he was not even talking to her. I bet if you were flying first class and someone did that to you, you would not be a happy camper!
Actually he was making derogatory comments and this chick poured water on him. :lol: While I may not have been a happy camper I don't think I'd have threatened to "kill" her! Sorry, that was plain stupid of him! Bitch or not!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Actually he was making derogatory comments and this chick poured water on him. :lol: While I may not have been a happy camper I don't think I'd have threatened to "kill" her! Sorry, that was plain stupid of him! Bitch or not!
But he was not talking to her so what is her problem?!? I agree that he went too far with what he said but he is human and he was pissed, many would have reacted similarly in that situation!!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
olie, he posted a few smily faces as a joking opinion that many people have.. so you called him an idiot..

now things go back and forth between you two til someone ignores the thread even though you started it by plain insulting him?
wouldn't it be better to agree to disagree and if you feel you have some humbleness, add apology for the insult?..

just an opinion..

·
Registered
472 Posts
Am I the only one disappointed to find that this thread is not about a new Fender guitar model dubbed the "Blasphemy"? I would consider buying a Fender Blasphemy, just because of the name. And, an Ibanez Blasphemy? I am so there.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.