Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know very much about Strat's and I'm looking for one. I've found a Fender California series for about $480 with case. The price sound good to me, but I need some advice..

What's a fair price for one of this guitars?
And more importantly are they good?

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
145 Posts
The price is midrange for this guitar, a good deal with the case if the guitar is in really good condition. Fenders aren't usually ridiculously overpriced like Gibsons, so in a worst case you should be able to sell it for that amount if you decide it isn't right for you. Do you have the opportunity to check it out?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No.. unfortunately I can't check it out for myself, and that's one of my concerns because a guitar like this must be like 11 years old.. The only thing because I'm considering this is because looks like a good price for a Made In USA Strat.. so I don't really know what to do

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
It's under $500 for an American Strat, what is there to question?

If you'd rather spend the same amount on a MIM Fender or a Korean G&L you can.

·
Registered
145 Posts
No.. unfortunately I can't check it out for myself, and that's one of my concerns because a guitar like this must be like 11 years old.. The only thing because I'm considering this is because looks like a good price for a Made In USA Strat.. so I don't really know what to do
If you are buying it through a site and putting it on a card go for it. If the item is misrepresented then you can challenge it and it will be charged back to the seller. There really isn't much risk involved unless it is a "pay me now and when your check clears I'll send it" type deal. Those I avoid like the plague.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's under $500 for an American Strat, what is there to question?

If you'd rather spend the same amount on a MIM Fender or a Korean G&L you can.
Ok ok.. I just wanted to ask because I don't know anything about Strats so I was looking for a more educated opinion, and also because I've never bougth a used guitar of any kind.

I think I could return it in case it's not in the condition I want (you never know), but I don't want to get in that trouble if you think is not worth it

I wanna read more opinions.

* Sorry if my english is not good. I'm not a native english speaker

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
This is the wrong place to come for opinions on Fenders, but for the price you can;t go wrong assuming there are no issues with it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I wouldn't worry about a Fender being 11 years old - they're pretty bulletproof as a rule.

I'm not very familiar with the California series, but that looks like a MIM neck there. I don't think this was a USA Fender.

You can't go wrong if you have a return clause.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts