Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so their is a fender 100 watt head and body (fm412sl body) (fm100h head) for 500$ and i was origanally going to buy that but then i see a peavey classic 30 for 450$, so i was just wondering which one is better and why?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
the 30, maybe not for 450, if you could get one used it'd be cheaper. But the 30 is a higher quality tube amp, the fender is a cheap solid state. the classic sounds reallly good with boss ds-1 and over driver, they are great little amps . The cleans are nice, the distortion is of course classic sounding, it is cool for blues and old rock but if you just run a pedal or 2 into the clean it is great.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Adding on an extension would work. It would sound really good with the 'stereo' setup. You know one speaker is mono two is stereo. Get the Peavey Classic 30. :D ___
|_1_|
|_2_|

·
Registered
537 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! Have a great time with that amp, I've tried one at a Guitar Center. It does rock definately! Now may I ask, how many watts is it? :D Thanks

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
the hot rod delux is a nice little amp. It had more gain them i figured it would, it was a bit too pre-ampish though, i am sure it would have smoothed out if i had cranked it a bit. Very nice amp though.

·
Registered
537 Posts
metalguitarist7778 said:
yeah i traded it in for a vox ad100tv what every cant remember
How does it sound when you compare it to the hot rod deluxe? Just asking, because the AD50VT might be my next amp. Thanks :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts