Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, i was offered these two in exchange for my green UV...

An USA strat (serial N9... so i guess its a 90, or 99), and a Gibson LP Studio... what do you guys think?

If the guy contacts me again, ill try to get more specific info about the axes, but so far with the lil info i have it seems like its worth it (in money terms)...

Fenders and Gibsons are more have more resale value here anyways....

edit: i should have added, i have the UV for sale on a local auction site, and thats where the offer came from...

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
How much are you selling your UV?

If the person lives nearby you should check out his guitars (and have him check yours). If you feel that you want to have an LP and a Strat over your UV, then by all means go for it. Ultimately, it all comes down to your choice.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
marianozz said:
Actually, here, both the LP and the Strat are about 1k each... and collectable Ibanez dont fetch much past 1.5k...

thats local prices for ya :roll:
As for used, a LP studio is $900-1000 and a US strat is about $550. I don't think a green UV sells for more than $1400, but I may be wrong on that part.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The strat is a '99 (N=1990s, 9=year 9). Here in the usa/e.b.a.y, they tend to go for around $550-600 all stock, very good condition with hard case.

Studios seem to have a bit more of a range, just depends on originality/model (jem series tend to go for more), but I've seen $650-800 for regular ol' Studios with hardcase. Just depends on the particulars of the guitar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.