Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Fender Strat Swirl

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ignazlives 
#1 ·
Hi: Found this on Craigslist and it was local so I purchased it. It is a custom swirl by Darren Johansen done about 2003. Though I can admire the clear pick guard to show off the swirl. It's not my style. I was thinking of using white like the 1983 Fender Bowling Ball Strats. Just wondering what other looks people might think work. Thanks Dan

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Jumping in on this a little late so I don't know if you've made a decesion yet. The clear pickguard looks fine as is but I'm on the same page as you. I'm not the biggest fan of being able to see the routes & wires. I think maybe a black pearloid pickguard would look nice with it. Or put white covers on the pickups & put a white pearloid pickguard on it. either way I think the pickups should match the color of the guard.

Just had another thought... Something else that might look kind of cool would be to use a green or green pearloid pickguard with the black puckups

#6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I think fender had it right. I was thinking everything has to be one color. On the wilder side I was thinking a see through green pick guard with multi color pickup covers, knobs, and switch. When you see it in person it has a steam punk look to it. I was also thinking a brass cover between the guitar and pick guard. Anyway haven't pulled the trigger on any parts yet. Thanks Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.