Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any of the guitar techs/luthiers on this site have experience in installing the fernandes sustainer system on a guitar?

I'm wanting to get one installed on my Js, and there are no dealers or techs in my area that are qualified to install the kit.

If you know how to install it....let me know.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I should add that on a JS, a Sustainiac installation is a no-brainer. There would be plenty of room in the control compartment for the circuit board and a 9-volt battery and the mini-switches you'd need. The Fernandes circuit board is much bigger and you'd need to cut holes in your guitar no matter what.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I know a guy in Ca, that does it, he sent me a picture of a Strat he was working on installing the FSK 401 kit

Bruce Martinelli - [email protected]

I will be installing it into my JEM project, but I havent gotten the kit yet, I will post alll images when im done.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Their is no way i could play that without actually hiting the switches all the time, and I dont necessarily know anyone who plays that could play it without knocking the switches around

·
Registered
314 Posts
Here is a 401 I installed in my RG760. Never did this before. Not to bad if you own a router and have a steady hand. I had to re-paint the body when I was done because of wood chips geting under the router and scratching the surface of the guitar. But it needed it anyway. I'll get a pic of the circuit board in the body in a day or so. You can see what cover I put the board under and where I put the battery.Dimarzio super distortion in the bridge, and either a dimarzio fast track or chopper in the middle with the sustainer in the neck. Andy

·
Registered
589 Posts
bluealien said:
I know a guy in Ca, that does it, he sent me a picture of a Strat he was working on installing the FSK 401 kit

Bruce Martinelli - [email protected]

I will be installing it into my JEM project, but I havent gotten the kit yet, I will post alll images when im done.
I did it very similar to the one you post. However that's a bad place for the battery. Everytime you need to replace it you'll have to remove the strings etc..... NOT a good idea IMHO.

·
Registered
234 Posts
JEM77BRMR - Any Chances of posting what you wired to what...

because I'm installing an Evo Bridge, Chopper middle and FSK401 Driver into my project guitar..

I understand where every wire goes EXCEPT the bare wire from the Evo bridge.. does that go with the "ground" wire to the ground terminal?

·
Registered
314 Posts
StoleN GuitaR said:
JEM77BRMR - Any Chances of posting what you wired to what...

because I'm installing an Evo Bridge, Chopper middle and FSK401 Driver into my project guitar..

I understand where every wire goes EXCEPT the bare wire from the Evo bridge.. does that go with the "ground" wire to the ground terminal?
Bare wire goes to ground / one of the pots. Let me know if ya need to know anything else.

Andy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts