Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive emailed fernandez 3 times to no avail, and posted in various other forums. I want to take the 5 way switch out of the equation, so that the driver functions as a driver ONLY. So essentially i want a single humbucker guitar with a sustainer that only works when i hit the switch any help or diagrams would be much appreciated

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could, but im trying to save space as the body i have is kinda small and limited on room, im trying to not remove more wood then i have to, i already have to route for the trem cavity and a battery box and the switch circuit board.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
the diagram i am looking at shows that one of the lugs on the switch gets the output from the sustainer as well as connects to the volume pot on one of the outside lugs. You will need to take that wire that comes from the sustainer's pc board, and the hot wire from your bridge pickup and connect both wires to the same lug of the volume pot that was original connected to the switch.

I'll see if i can make a diagram just to make sure you get what I am saying.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
So the red is what needs to happen. The connections on the switch will need to go the volume pot outer lug highlighted in red. This should bypass all the rest of the switch and you should be able to cut the rest of the switch out.

the driver/neck pickup output on the left side of the drawing should just be for the actual pickup part of the driver so it shouldn't be needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So your saying that this will leave me with just a bridge and then when i hit the on switch for the driver go direct to that?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
So your saying that this will leave me with just a bridge and then when i hit the on switch for the driver go direct to that?
that should give you just the bridge pickup. With the sustainer engaged it should give you just bridge pickup, and only sustainer together(no actual neck pickup).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.