Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it's Saturday I was wondering who was going to pony up the hefty pound and who you think will win?

I'll be in McGregor's corner but I don't think he gets a TKO, as much as I dislike TBE because of all the boring fights, his defense and speed will make that a tough haul. It'll be the most interesting "boxing match" of the decade no matter what the outcome. Maybe Conor will slip in a couple dirty elbows when the refs on the wrong side 8O

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
To be honest, I can't stand either one of them so I hope they beat the crap out of each other. Whatever happens I hope it is a well contested affair without any nonsense so the people who pay to see it get their money's worth. I would probably watch it if it wasn't pay per view. I don't know why boxing and MMA think that their sports warrant pay per view - they could generate more than enough money with the TV advertising revenue. Everyone should boycott it for that reason, imho...

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL For $100 I hope somebody bleeds!

But you're way wrong on the PPV vs. Advertising. Super Bowl LI generated $385 Million dollars in advertising. The PAYOUT alone on the fight is a 1/2 Billion. No way to get those number selling soap and cars, they're selling the fight.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
LOL For $100 I hope somebody bleeds!

But you're way wrong on the PPV vs. Advertising. Super Bowl LI generated $385 Million dollars in advertising. The PAYOUT alone on the fight is a 1/2 Billion. No way to get those number selling soap and cars, they're selling the fight.
I do not like boxing. :plain: With that said, Floyd Mayweather said he could make $300 million in 30 minutes. It does not really matter how accurate that statement is because anything close is equally impressive. Warren Buffett could say the same thing, but he could also lose $300 million in 30 minutes. Floyd Mayweather could lose the fight and it would not make a difference. That is what I call "job security."

·
Registered
403 Posts
I probably will end up paying for it, but last time I did for Mayweather/Pac the cable provider couldn't handle the bandwidth needed for all the people who bought , so all I got was a blank screen and a refund later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts