Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to the Filipino Jemsiters who have chosen to dedicate a few hours of browsing through the threads looking for new guitar and gear information. I would like to start this new thread for us to get to know each other, and probably get to play gigs together if we live near one another.

So I would like to start this thread by asking you guys three questions:

1. How did you find out about Jemsite?

2. What has Jemsite done for you in terms of knowledge in gear, setups, technique, etc.

3. ASL?

Here are my answers:

1. I found out about the forums after googling Ibanez guitars and trem setups. Seeing the helpful information posted in the site, I decided to join to find out more.

2. My knowledge in terms of gear and guitars has increased vastly. Aside from knowing different guitar companies and gadgets, I have also learned how set up tremolo-equipped guitars properly, how certain effects should sound like, recommended pieces of gear mentioned in some threads, and I even switched to anchor-less alternate picking after finding out that it disciplines your hand better. The site is very informative, and sometimes really funny.

3. I am 18 years old, male, and I am currently dorm-ing in Quezon City, which is where my school is.

Hope to see your replies soon, guys! Mabuhay tayong mga musikerong Pilipino!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yo, it's nice to see a fellow Pinoy on the site.
As for your questions,

1. i just happened to run into the site while trying to get info on ibanez guitars. i just bought my first one five months ago (S470B red) and am quite enjoying it.

2. jemsite has been quite informative in terms of tech setups as well as first hand
opinions on gear,etc. i'm quite new to the site so i guess there is still a lot to learn from it...

3. 18 YO, male,living near UPLB, where i study

what kind of music do you play?

Mabuhay tayo 'tol!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Subs, buti naman may nagreply na, antagal na nitong thread ko na to :))

I play shred guitar a lot of the time, pero mas madalas akong mapatugtog ng mga simpleng kanta kasama ng mga tropa ko (hindi pa kasi gets ng mga tao yung shred :()

Anyway, maraming salamat sa'yo fellow Pinoy Jemsiter, I hope marami pa tayong mapag-uusapan. :D

Mabuhay!

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
I'm not Filipino, but I'm married to a Filipina! I do enjoy my trips there, and love to sit out by the street drinking my Royal Tru Orange from a plastic bag and straw...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey AlaskaBat, great to hear that! :) Where is your wife based in the Philippines?

BTW, that practice of transferring bottled soda into plastic bags is really commonplace here in our country because our stores ask for the bottles back. Glad you enjoy Royal :D

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
I get Royal shipped to me here in Alaska--I love it that much. My wife is from Pritil, Binangonan, Rizal. I also miss JolliBee! I can't get that here. Two-piece Chicken Joy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts