Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah yeah, the new Genesis collection is nice, and the 8 strings are 1 string more then seven, but lordy, a Mikro Doubleneck-now Hoshinos cooking with gas!
The specs:
16 Strings of heart-pounding madness, muddy lows and screeching highs from the powerful sounding aptly titled Powersound pickups, multi-piece basswood body attached to two(count 'em) finger spraining 24 fret necks.

The good part:probably lightweight and 'somewhat' functional as far as double necks go
The weird part: We're both considering calling the South American Hoshino rep to...'inquire'
The bad: After a life of hard partying and strippers-this is how I spend my saturday nights. Hard to believe it ever got tiring.

I'll let you know when it arrives.

Im amazed your still reading this.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Ha ha! :D Never seen that solution for the cutaways between the necks before. :) Good editing skills, and a great idea... Sort of... ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, that was a test you passed. 6+12 is definitely not 16. Ok, maybe I still party, or maybe the stripper got in the way of the screen

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
btw, there was some close up pics, and being that it has the 12 string neck it was either a promotional 1 off piece or some talented luthier on a shoestring budget actually made it.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
btw, there was some close up pics, and being that it has the 12 string neck it was either a promotional 1 off piece or some talented luthier on a shoestring budget actually made it.
or someone having fun with photoshop??

how do you get 12 strings into 6 saddles on a standard hardtail??

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
More necks and strings doesnt make it any less of a Gio. If anything, it makes it even MORE of a Gio. Now you have 2 uncomfortable necks, 48 crappy frets, a heavier body with no resonance and 18 strings that won't stay in tune.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
or someone having fun with photoshop??

how do you get 12 strings into 6 saddles on a standard hardtail??
Yeah, the ball end gets fed right beside each of the six screws at the back of the bridge. Probably a b*tch to tune up plus Gios aren't known for their tuners. prob a 1 off. Although not this one, maybe a gilbert or Vai double in the future, what better way to spend money and time? Maybe that'll be Ibanez's slogan next year haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
this was a special edition for some germany based Meinl music company as a 60th ann. model, only 60 made. I've inquired...$1375 plus 95 shipping. and get this-no case!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts