Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It finally arrived a few days ago. I love the top on this and the Aldrich pups sound very nice :)
However, it arrived with the set-up totally messed up. Probably put that down to it happening during shipping. So whilst setting it up, I try to adjust the truss rod. But couldn't get the wrench to fit in the cavity. So I take the neck off and find that the cavity has worn!!!! Problem should be sorted soon enough as Suhr are sending out a new truss rod nut and wrench set. Obviously I was a bit surprised that it arrived like this, but to be fair to them they've responded very positively and it was even John Suhr who replied to my e-mails.

Anyways, I'm sure all will be well and here's a few pics (with my other Standard) :)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The charcoal one has a Even C Slim shape. The other one has a 60's C Vintage Medium shape. Both have a radius of 10"-14".

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Awesome stuff.

Yeah, John Suhr is a really nice guy. He repaired my Fender's truss rod after the nut stripped. It was one of those dual-way trusses that has the nut welded onto it, so you have to replace the walnut plug to replace it. He only charged $50. Other repair places were charging $200 and suggesting I get a new neck...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The black is very nice. Looks good with 2 humbuckers and the Floyd looks cool,

But that Blue guitar is STUNNING!!!! That maple neck just enhances the whole thing, and makes that blue just standout.
Really beautiful.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comments guys :) And you're right Cid, love the trans black quilts. I nearly chose blue. But I missed my old Ibby MRG-1, so it had to be black!!

Michblanch, the finish on the other one isn't actually blue!!! It's Trans Teal (green) and no matter how many times I take a pic, it always turns out blue! But that's probably me being a crap photographer ;)

Yeah, John Suhr is a really nice guy. He repaired my Fender's truss rod after the nut stripped. It was one of those dual-way trusses that has the nut welded onto it, so you have to replace the walnut plug to replace it. He only charged $50. Other repair places were charging $200 and suggesting I get a new neck...
Both John and Ed have been really helpful and although I was more than a little pissed off when I found the nut already stripped on a brand new guitar, the way they responded made up for that. Mind you, after looking into it, it does seem that it is a common problem on Suhr guitars.

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
I had a Les Paul DC that was trans black with black binding and zebra pickups. The color and top are what sold me on it. Id like to get a Transblack Flame Top Custom, but last I heard Gibson stopped doing one offs for the average schmuck.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gorgeous :) Oh man, that's not helping the GAS situation! Although I'm not a huge fan of Les Pauls, I've been wanting a DC ever since I saw Max's. The zebra pups definately suit that guitar :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Can't beat a Suhr. Not only VERY beautifull, they sound and play great too.

Like Guthrie Govan said: "Eerily perfect guitars".

Congrats mate!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Great guitar mate!!!

It's a shame that the truss rod nut was a bit dodgy.

My GAS is getting worse - I need a HH Suhr with a Floyd

Did you get it from Sounds Great or import from the US?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts